Pet Travel: Layover and Transit Requirements at Airports

Hello,

I will be flying back to France with my cat in January and I will have to take a non direct flight. The flight I am about to buy has a scale at Guanzhou Airport (2 hours scale), I’ve been told that I might prepare the corresponding documents for the import requirements because of the layover at Guanzhou besides the documents for the final destination (France). Does any one knows or has experience in dealing with Pet Procedures in this airport??

Also and what worries me the most is if there any quarantine stay required? I’ve trying to find information about this but haven’t found yet.

Thanks in advance for you help and information.

I would go to your nearest Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine office and ask them this question. good luck

: you need to find out too if the cat is removed from the plane. if they change plane it counts as entering the country. That was the sole reason my dogs were quarantined in Taiwan, I couldn’t get a direct flight from UK and they changed planes in Holland.

why not taking EVA direct to Paris? Yes it costs a few euro more… but your cat will have a few hours less stress

check here evaair.com/en-us/check-in-ba … with-pets/

Also their might be a quarantaine time requiered which can be up to 3 month prior to travel. You should have checked all that at least half a year before travel and not 3 weeks before you abour to leave… I guess we gonna have another abandoned cat soon…

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I have asked to Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine office in Taiwan and they don’t know about this.
I have called to the Airport in Taiwan and do not have information either.
I tried to called to the Airport in Canton but they never answer… I’ll keep trying

I found a flight through Amsterdam which might be an option, I call to the airport and they say that the vet certificate for France is valid for this layover, but it must have been issued no maximum of 5 days before. So I will see this as a second option.

Thanks I will confirm this with the airline directly because the Airport Service in Amsterdam didn’t mention this :slight_smile:

[quote][/quote] [quote=“milkalex”]why not taking EVA direct to Paris? Yes it costs a few euro more… but your cat will have a few hours less stress

Also their might be a quarantaine time requiered which can be up to 3 month prior to travel. You should have checked all that at least half a year before travel and not 3 weeks before you abour to leave… I guess we gonna have another abandoned cat soon…[/quote]

@milkalex If I am not taking Eva is because those “few” euros are not that few for me. It is easy to judge when you don’t know anything about a situation or the people. My cat is an abandoned cat and I rescued him so you are guessing bad. Please, if you are not provided helpful information, then I suggest you to stay out of this topic. Thanks