Peter Kurz - MrTaiwan.com and Insight Pacific staff not paid

Peter Kurz closed down mrtaiwan.com and Insight Pacific without telling his staff they were not going to get paid for their last month at work. Or get any severance. I know one of them and have been asked me how to get the salary out of him. I don’t know. Anybody know what the procedures are ?

That’s not only unethical, but also illegal. You should contact your local labor board immediately if this is true. Search for ‘labor board’ on these forums and you will find it.

All salary and severance pay must be paid out.

You could go the FUDA route.

The local TV stations got on to it. The thing is on the news, though no new interviews with the man himself, though.
If it gets on TV, that will increase your bargaining power, since no one would like to be pictured all over the media as a mean employer.

There are quite a lot of governmental and non-governmental labour links for Taiwan among “Jacob’s Taiwan and China Progressive Links” - scroll down about a third of the way down the page to find them.

I used to work for “Mr Taiwan”. The tax office tells me today that he never paid our income tax to the tax office. They have no record whatsoever. Peter Kurz is now working for Paribas Securities. There’s a man to trust with your money. Well done. Your company goes bust, you take money out of your workers’ pay but don’t pass it on the the tax office (did he pay our lao bao and jian bao?), and sack them all without giving them severance in contravention of the law. Then you go and work for another investment company in a managerial position EVEN THOUGH the securities law specifically prohibits this.

Nice to be rich and powerful isn’t it?

File a complaint.