Petraeus quits over an extramarital affair!

Petraeus has resigned as CIA director because the FBI discovered the he had been committing adultery with his biographer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/11/09/cia-petraeus-resigns.html

Shouldn’t the FBI be investigating, like, criminal stuff? Score another point for the terrorists.

Well we dont want no skullduggery in the CIA you know? :slight_smile:

The FBI is also responsible responsible for counterintelligence, and when a person in the intelligence community is doing something naughty on the side, the opposition could blackmail them or compromise them in other ways.

See it was with a reporter who was covering him and wrote a hagiography.

Well, that’s one way to get good press coverage.

Who is general failure, and what is he doing in my writer?

The title of the book is just priceless.

I wonder how deeply she probed him.

The FBI is also responsible responsible for counterintelligence[/quote]

And an even more mysterious agency is responsible responsible for counter counter-intelligence

Probably a good percentage of the administration are having extra-marital affairs at any given point. They are only made public and used to fire people when it’s convenient to do so.

I heard it on my shoe.

Can you blame the poor soul for cheating?

This is his wife:

And this is his mistress:

[quote=“Tiger Blood”]Can you blame the poor soul for cheating?

This is his wife:

And this is his mistress:

[/quote]
:hand:
What shallow pool in which you dwell?

His wife was once maybe well hot, maybe she grew that way after suffering his shite. Not that her appearance has ANY such relevance to this issue!
As for his so called mistress, she looks and acts more like a man in drag with each and every new scope on her past behaviour.
Broadwell, surely a misnomer if there ever was one, is a hack who committed adultery herself.

[quote]What shallow pool in which you dwell?

His wife was once maybe well hot, maybe she grew that way after suffering his shite. Not that her appearance has ANY such relevance to this issue!
As for his so called mistress, she looks and acts more like a man in drag with each and every new scope on her past behaviour.
Broadwell, surely a misnomer if there ever was one, is a hack who committed adultery herself.

[/quote]

Maybe she was hot at one point, who cares! - seems unlikely though - she is a hideous excuse for a woman. Her appearance has EVERYTHING to do with this issue. Powerful handsome man, unbearably ugly wife.

I am so happy I left all that PC nonsense in the West behind me…I am hoping to continue tapping the most gorgeous ass I can possibly lay my hands on well into my sixties and seventies and hopefully eighties and never hear this BS ever again!

Bottom line, the Director of Central Intelligence should not have had an affair with a woman other than his wife - and if he did, he should have made sure she didn’t have access to his personal email accounts.

He f***ed up, plain and simple. Maybe he was tempted, but national security vs. personal sexual satisfaction? Should not have been an issue for a top leader.

It seems as though most of America’s most effective leaders – FDR, Ike, JFK, Bill Clinton and now David Petraeus – have struggled with monogamy while its most hapless leaders – Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush and Barack Obama – have lived within its confines apparently just fine. Maybe the real bottom line is that monogamy is an unnatural state for powerful, successful men and society should no longer expect them to adhere to a relic of its Judeo-Christian past.

:sunglasses:
What about Washington’s false teeth?
Were they faithful?

politician have affairs, big deal…

As long as the politician competent, and not hypocritical on fidelity issues, I’m fine with it. Much better than politicians with no clue how to do their job but makes their wives very happy.

I only have problems with people like Newt Gingrich who seems to accuse others while he himself is not a model in the issue at all.

This isn’t a politician though, he’s your chief spy. Spies get blackmailed and turned in the real world. Not the example or leadership wanted, hence the immediate resignation.

Well, at least they don’t dismiss you from the spy trade for being homosexual like they used to because being gay is no longer considered “moral turpitude” to be blackmailed over. That’s some progress.

George W. Bush was amazingly effective at implementing his foreign policy. Obama has had the same success with domestic policy. Reagan was successful for the most part with both his foreign and domestic agendas. Reagan was and Bush and Obama are all completely loyal to their wives.

George W. Bush was amazingly effective at implementing his foreign policy. Obama has had the same success with domestic policy. Reagan was successful for the most part with both his foreign and domestic agendas. Reagan was and Bush and Obama are all completely loyal to their wives.[/quote]

Between George Bush’s foreign policy and Barack Obama’s domestic policy is the U.S. better off now in 2013 than it was in 2000? I think for most Americans the answer is no.

Ronald Reagan’s, America’s first and only divorced president, take on love and monogamy:

— From the book Reagan: A Life in Letters, published by Free Press, September 2003.

Quick point of clarification: Despite all the hyperbole and hackneyed partisan chatter, wherein lies the difference between Bush’s and Obama’s economic (domestic) and foreign policy objectives?