Pets and fruits

During the typhoon, I accidentally discovered Toto likes mangoes. He was sitting next to me, sniffing what I was eating and I taunted him with a piece. YUM! Single mouthful and it was gone. So I gave him a few more pieces.

We just finished anotehr one.

Note: mango is OK, but the skin of the mango can be bad, some dogs might be allergic. Oh, and of couse, NO mango seeds.

What kind of fruits does your pet like?

NEVER give pets citrus or avocado! Grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs. Oh, and keep cats away from lilies. :aiyo:

[quote=“Icon”]During the typhoon, I accidentally discovered Toto likes mangoes. He was sitting next to me, sniffing what I was eating and I taunted him with a piece. YUM! Single mouthful and it was gone. So I gave him a few more pieces.

We just finished anotehr one.

Note: mango is OK, but the skin of the mango can be bad, some dogs might be allergic. Oh, and of couse, NO mango seeds.

What kind of fruits does your pet like?[/quote]
My dog loves apples. He’ll eat anything, but he likes crunching apple cores.

Well, I only have guppies now and they’re just always hungry. On topic though, my dog loved pineapples. He also loved ice cubes. It was fun watching him chase after ice cubes across the living room floor. :laughing:

I keep the fruits away from my pets. Because you never know. This one time? I was foolish enough to introduce Baloo to the chief. The rest is history, except for the hunted look in Baloo’s eyes when he spots a Cannookistavlislakian these days.
He does dig mangoes though, especially the overripe ones. And bananas. And apples.

[quote=“sandman”]I keep the fruits away from my pets. Because you never know. This one time? I was foolish enough to introduce Baloo to the chief. The rest is history, except for the hunted look in Baloo’s eyes when he spots a Cannookistavlislakian these days.
He does dig mangoes though, especially the overripe ones. And bananas. And apples. [/quote]

some dogs don’t take too well to the large amounts of tryptophan found in bananas. I have fed bananas to dogs in small quantities and it seems okay, but there are reports to the contrary that seem to indicate bananas may not be a good idea on a regular basis to feed to dogs.

[quote=“fenlander”][quote=“sandman”]I keep the fruits away from my pets. Because you never know. This one time? I was foolish enough to introduce Baloo to the chief. The rest is history, except for the hunted look in Baloo’s eyes when he spots a Cannookistavlislakian these days.
He does dig mangoes though, especially the overripe ones. And bananas. And apples. [/quote]

some dogs don’t take too well to the large amounts of tryptophan found in bananas. I have fed bananas to dogs in small quantities and it seems okay, but there are reports to the contrary that seem to indicate bananas may not be a good idea on a regular basis to feed to dogs.[/quote]

I think grapes and raisins are also bad for them as well.

Had a Jack Russell that would eat just about anything: vegetables, fruits, nuts; pretty much the entire food pyramid. There were a couple of exceptions: if I threw him banana he would eat the first piece but not the second. And he wouldn’t eat organic weetbix; loved the regular stuff though.

You’ve gotta respect that.

As a joke - a joke for my benefit, not for his - I threw him a jalapeno chilly once and he ate it NO PROBLEMS. Kept begging for another and, when I threw him a second (testing what was then known as the banana hypothesis), he ate it too. And a third.

Well, I wanted some chilly on my crackers, so he didna get no more.

Gutsy little bastard.

I miss him.

[quote=“Thelonlieste”]Had a Jack Russell that would eat just about anything: vegetables, fruits, nuts; pretty much the entire food pyramid. There were a couple of exceptions: if I threw him banana he would eat the first piece but not the second. And he wouldn’t eat organic weetbix; loved the regular stuff though.

You’ve gotta respect that.

As a joke - a joke for my benefit, not for his - I threw him a jalapeno chilly once and he ate it NO PROBLEMS. Kept begging for another and, when I threw him a second (testing what was then known as the banana hypothesis), he ate it too. And a third.

Well, I wanted some chilly on my crackers, so he didna get no more.

Gutsy little bastard.

I miss him.[/quote]

Yeah and a Jack Russell should be a gutsy bastard too or they wouldn’t deserve the name Jack Russell. I’ve never had or seen a cowardly Jack Russell but I guess in Taiwan I may come across one unfortunately one day! A Taiwanese friend of mine has one over here and it does just fine, takes well to the weather and small living spaces and their are loads of things for it to chase and kill ha!
My terriers enjoy it here and have a great time, running around in the mountains. One decided to mess with a toad and got sprayed with toxic juice ! It threw up for around 5 minutes and was fine. It now just jumps on them and gets its mouth and eyes nowhere near it! They are puzzled that some of the rats can climb trees in Taiwan ha! (black rats)