Phenylephrine orally taken seems useless

Munch on some chilli pepper :hot_pepper: and wash down with vodka it will clean out both ends. (Disclaimer do not take this as medical advice).

1 Like

Yard Explosion Explode Quintal GIF - Yard Explosion Explode Quintal Explosion - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

It’s not the doctor’s job to cure you using conservative and minimally invasive methods. That’s not what modern Western medicine is about.

Their job is to give you instant relief from annoying symptoms such as fevers so that you can return to work as soon as possible, even if it means prolonging your sickness.

2 Likes

This one I always have to think of the vibrating bees^^

Key genes enable Japanese honey bees to roast hornets | Journal Club | PNAS

How do Japanese bees kill hornets?

When a hornet threatens a hive of Japanese honey bees (Apis cerana japonica), hundreds of sister bees swarm the attacker in a defensive mass known as a “bee ball.” Temperatures inside the ball rise to exactly 46 degrees Celsius: hot enough to overheat and kill the hornet, but just a few degrees below lethal

Nature is crazy ^^

1 Like

Pseudoephedrine is available over the counter - simply on the accessible shelf at your local mom and pop pharmacy.

Dunno if it’s the same as the earlier mentioned phenylephrine??

I don’t think so

How about chinese medicine for curing allergys? I’ve never believed that stuff would work, but maybe its worth a try since the other type of medicine only works short term.

You’re right. Pseudoephedrine (the one that works, not the same as phenylephrine) is quite easy to get in Taiwan IME.

I’ve bought this brand. All of the maybe three pharmacies I’ve asked in had it. NT$120–130 per box. Some of them had a limit of two boxes per customer.

3 Likes

I guess it explains why meth is so common here

I guess it doesn’t.

4 Likes

Is it? I’ve never heard anyone talk about it like they do other drugs.

Isn’t it explant who says meth is common as hell in Taiwan?

I dunno. I only saw you say it.

I have certainly seen a few large scale meth operations in the news, and there’s almost no restrictions on precursors in Taiwan. Go to chemical shops and just buy chemicals and no one asks anything. Last case was some guy making it by the tons.

That’s the point I was trying to make. When the raw ingredients and other precursors are so readily available in large quantities, why would anyone want to make meth from pseudoephedrine tablets bought in a pharmacy, and why would the fact that it’s possible to buy them in a pharmacy explain why meth is so common here?

3 Likes

You can buy Ephedra. Ma Huang. That’s basically the plant Ephedrine comes from. That works ok.

麻黃

1 Like