Phone Screen Replacement/Repair

Broke my Samsung 9+ curved screen and local shops on the street want nt$6000. Must be expensive curves.

Some said you can just replace the top layer or something but I don’t know if that applies to the Samsung 9+ with a curved screen.

Any one have any ideas?

Don’t really need a new phone yet.

An Iphone screen is about 3000 NT$+

I tried to have my screen replaced at Samsung service center, but because my phone is not an Asian model they wouldn’t touch it. Ended up having the screen replaced at Guanghua plaza, think it was around 5000 NTD, luckily for me my insurance covered it.

You have a phone insurance?!
Where did you get it? How much for it? What does it cover?

Yeah, but it doesn’t have those nice curves :howyoudoin:

He doesn’t have an iPhone. He has a Samsung.

Really?

It’s was covered by my travel insurance.

1 Like

Don’t believe what you read online.

Should he believe you?

Touché!

1 Like

Fixed: Repaired, not replaced, Samsung S9+ phone curved screen for NT$1500. Sealed with some type of epoxy, UV light, and screen cover. They took what was big holes and cracks, filled them in and covered with a screen cover. Cracks now barely noticeable.
Jingcai Communication, 晶采通訊-大安通化店-買手機搭門號的好地方No. 104號, Tonghua Street, Da’an District, Taipei https://maps.app.goo.gl/jnBDBjdHLw5wYgQv8

Shops nearby can do iPhones.

1 Like

Check with them if that will maintain the waterproof properties!

I went to this shop recently to repair the cracked glass in my Samsung S7 edge, and they wanted to charge me $6000. The technician told me it was more cost-effective to just buy another phone. I asked if they could just replace the glass (because the screen works perfectly) and they told me they just replaced the whole screen.

Go to Crazy Phone Repair.

Guanghua Electronics Plaza. 2nd Basement Storey.

Not Guanghua Digital Plaza. Guanghua Electronics Plaza.

Tell him @marco sent you

2 Likes

Repaired screen, not replaced, worked fine for $1500.

1 Like

It depends on how your phone was made, but normally the screen is glued to the glass, so usually the screen is sold as a unit with the glass… and unfortunately for some phones they could be expensive.

My advise is either buy another screen off of ebay or whatever, or find a phone that doesn’t work (but has good screens) for replacement.

You may be able to put the screen on a heated pad to melt the adhesive off and replace the glass… but no idea how this is done.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try there. :star_struck:

@Taiwan_Luthiers I was just looking at tutorials on how to do it myself, but I haven’t done it before, and I don’t have a backup phone (and since you need to scan QR codes everywhere I was afraid to risk killing my phone) :dizzy_face:

Broke me screen (not just the glass) today. Hope they’re still around, I’ll be heading there today

He’s there. Dont go in the afternoon. He opens in the evening

1 Like

Have a friend with a broken screen on a pixel 6. New screen is like 7000 not including work, for a phone that is about 13,000 on the used market.

Screen replacements are very expensive.