Photo on CV/Resume? Pleeeease

The Taiwanese sheep value white skin over all else, and they shall reap what they sow - mainly pampered, entitled, whiny foreigners like us with no respect for their culture and society.

You of questionable English/teaching skills enjoying excessively high wages and inflated social status - mostly due to the color of your skin - have the liberal, immature hippie nerve to pontificate about how Taiwanese owners base their hiring decisions on appearances? Lol. Please stop trying to be righteous when you’re reaping the benefits of said discrimination. What was that? You still don’t like it? Go home. Just remember that you’ll be earning, oh, 600NT/hr less flipping burgers, or 900/hr less being unemployed playing XBox in Mom and Dad’s basement. People who don’t like the “go home” bit won’t get an apology from me. Most of us are here on a visa, which means we are visitors in every sense of the word. Those who do stay/marry/assimilate still whine, but with a modicum of respect and a hefty dose of reality that comes from actually seeing themselves as Taiwanese.

I say enjoy this ride while it’s good. The Taiwanese just may wake up one day and realize that most of you are a bunch of pathetic hacks with normally unemployable backgrounds that are just trying to make a fast buck and hump some Taiwanese tail. In the meantime, by all means, hype it up like you’re supposed to be a professional English educator. Some of you gotta work on improving that pesky English thing, though. It really destroys the illusion when you can’t even spell correctly. :no-no:

Cheers all, and keep fighting the good fight.

Blow me.

Nice place Taiwan. I left and get paid more in Italy. A lot of teachers in the “Wan” are not just “hacks” either. As a black fellow in Taiwan I was happy, I still had to work my azz off sometimes to get a job.

When and if the Taiwanese wake up as you say they’ll do what, hire…? Ahhh, Har-vawd and Yale profs to teach the lower level classes. I guess they can afford that. No wait, locals that know grammar, but sometimes can’t speak their way out of a paper bag? Those that say, “fo-toe-graph-eee.”

You said, “like us with no respect for their culture and society.” So you don’t respect Taiwanese culture? I did. There are plenty of foreigners that do. I just wanted Taiwanese people to respect me as a human being. I always treated people in Taiwan well because I knew I was earning much more than local workers.

As for whiners ask Taiwanese adults 18 and up how they feel about salaries, school, government, the media, family, etc. Guess all of you guys still living there don’t have the right to whine. You is on a visa.

[quote]immature hippie nerve to pontificate about how Taiwanese owners base their hiring decisions on appearances?[/quote] You hippies. Go back to 1971.

Excuse me now it is time for some gnocchi.

Anyone got some sweet CV templates I could use?

Good idea to use a photo on your CV in 2019?

I think a photo is unnecessary but not a bad idea, as long as you can find a way to fit it on the page elegantly.

Unless you are one ugly mofo…

https://youtu.be/VcgRaf38uCQ

Teaching jobs in TW usually ask for a photo, should I have it on my CV or just send it as an attachment in the e-mail.
carlos-cruz-urukhaifanart01

Actually I look more like this ^^,

1 Like

You look fab. Love the hairdo. And I think the face tat will actually work in your favor.

I’d go with email attachment.

cvvvv

Quite a lof of CV templates online look similar to this.

This cv seems a bit much lol

My CV is just a plain piece of paper with my name real big up top and a list of all my skills, accomplishments, and places of education broken up in a clear and easy to read manner. Then some references at the bottom.

Hasn’t failed me yet!

1 Like

You school wrecker you…:laughing: