Photo-snapped by a Taipei wus-cop

Now if we had the cop’s address, we could circle the camera, print him a bill, and send it to him.

Brian

I have no bones with what’s in the 3rd lane, as long as it moves. Can’t stand being on the highways/expressways and all of the lanes are moving at the same speed; usually 20km under the limit. :fume:

CK

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Now if we had the cop’s address, we could circle the camera, print him a bill, and send it to him.

Brian[/quote]

:smiling_imp: :smiley: :notworthy:

Reminds me about sonething I heard back in the UK anbout speeding tickets. Not sure if it is true or not:

A chap got flashed by a speed camera and in due course the police sent him a fine and a picture of him speeding through the cameras.

The chap, annoyed at the fine, sent the police a picture of the amount of money that he was fined.

A few weeks later, the police sent him a picture of a pair of handcuffs!

[/b]

There’ve been a few reports of people taking off their car’s license plates and having passengers moon the camera as the car speeds through a red light. Take that, Lockheed-Martin. :raspberry:

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Reminds me about sonething I heard back in the UK anbout speeding tickets. Not sure if it is true or not:

[/quote]

Yeah, that was true, but it was in the states… Tenessee or thereabouts. The lady promptly paid the fine after the picture of the handcuffs.

Excellent. I take my hat off to her.

Kinda interesting, the enforcement of traffic laws in Taiwan, I mean. As my one mate says, “It’s the only country in the world where there is absolutely no respect for traffic cops.” I’m not gonna debate the validity of his statement, but there’s certainly some truth in it.

Not much respect for traffic cops where I come from.

None at all where I’m from either. They’re nothing but traffic wardens in fast cars collecting fines.

[quote]None at all where I’m from either. They’re nothing but traffic wardens in fast cars collecting fines.
[/quote]

Wanker. I was a cop. I think you better come down to the station. Your knicked.

[quote=“Dangermouse”][quote]None at all where I’m from either. They’re nothing but traffic wardens in fast cars collecting fines.
[/quote]

Wanker. I was a cop. I think you better come down to the station. Your knicked.[/quote]
My uncle was the top cop up in the northeast of Scotland for several years. The “traffic wardens in fast cars” jibe was a direct quote from him. :wink: Mind you, he’d just been done for speeding at the time.

littleiron, I may be wrong but I have never heard of anywhere in the U.S. using cameras to photograph speeders. Of course this may be a recent change.

Don’t know… I just remember reading about it on CNN.com (I’m pretty sure) within the last year or so, although a quick google search shows lots of variants to the story, in the US and UK. So either one true story started a new urban legend… or CNN bought into the myth… haha…

One? Ha! I’ve got dozens! It’s a badge of honour, m’boy. Wear it with pride and know that you’re doing your part when it comes to funding Taiwan’s finest. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Hear Hear! I have a small collection of 'em. Must say that I look GOOD in a Matiz :laughing: :smiley:

I have enough to paper a wall with. Between Dec 2001 and Dec 2002 I got a total of 25 tickets, most of them the picture postcard type. A couple of times two came in the mail on one day. Now I make sure I get to the mailbox before the wife does :wink: but I’m down to two or three a year now. It’s an expensive hobby.

To all of you who love Taiwan and want to help it defend itself, be sure to ride in the left lane only! :slight_smile:

Think of it as a contribution…

I stand corrected…as usual… :blush:

Taken from …
ncsl.org/programs/esnr/0700trnrv.htm

But the only place in Tennessee that uses this is Germantown, a suburb of Memphis and they are red light cameras.

I just got one in from Taidong…Rampant speeding.

31km per hour in a 20 zone. I’m out of control!

1,900NT for a speed I could exceed on my skateboard :unamused:

Think yourself lucky you weren’t deported… :wink: