Photoshoot for long hair memoir

Hello!

I am a caucasian male with VERY long hair and I am considering a drastic haircut. As I am not sure whether I will reach this length again in my life, and I don’t have any decent picture of me in my 30ies, I am thinking of taking some good pictures before the cut.

I wonder whether you have some good suggestions for a photoshoot service in Taipei? I’d also like to prepare with a professional, possibly with the best haircare session I’ll have in my life before the photoshoot :smiley: I’m looking for recommendations on this matter too.

Thanks for any contribution!

Have you tried those wedding photographer?

I think that would be an option, but I have no idea where to start since I’ve been in Taiwan only for a few weeks.

I don’t personally know any, but I remember seeing a lot of wedding shops on zhongshan n Rd around yuanshan mrt station.

Just keep in mind taiwanese shops like live in a vacuum and do not ask if they know anything outside of their scope of business…

Do you speak any Chinese?

I thought there was a professional photographer on this forum, is he still here? Surely he will help for a price.

我的中文不太好,but still not enough for a proper conversation on the matter. Still working on it.

I’ll check around that area when the time comes, thanks!

By the way have you tried just a regular photo studio, you know where you used to get films developed, and pictures for id and such taken. I’m sure they can help too.

Wedding photographers just specialize in making you look good, even have costumes for rental.

1 Like

I haven’t had pictures done since I think 2017 or 2018, but Craig Ferguson does beautiful work. I’ve had shoots with him twice and was very satisfied both times.

(This is a great idea, doing the long hair shoot. I still have waist-length hair, which seems to be my terminal length, but I did a hair shoot years ago and it was great.)

Freagin on idea.

There are photographers that specialize in such things. I see them most on Facebook. I can’t really recommend any at the moment.

Take your time, find some good ones.

Some may do it for free or cheap or combined with some other type of photoshoot.

Wish I could do that.

He came to me back when I was in shilin and did a photo shoot at my shop. I saw the stuff on his site and as soon as I emailed him he cleaned out his site and deleted everything. I’m not sure if I pissed him off.

If you can get him to do a photo shoot, great, I don’t know what the rate is though. Otherwise best you can expect is a friend with an iphone…