Physically attacked with no cameras - what to do?

what city did this happen in?

I’m halfway to adding a poll in here with two options, walk away and walk away.

1 Like

This is also an option.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t worry about this. If there’s nothing on tape, the likelihood the police would take their accusation–or yours–seriously is extremely small.

If this is your mental state, the best thing to do would be to never go back to that gym again and try to forget this ever happened.

8 Likes

Think twice before you do the report to police with no evidence, it’s a way to be accused in the crime of malicious accusation.

1 Like

Men’s locker rooms in gyms are hangouts for males of a certain proclivity. It’s possible you were perceived to have been doing something that brought up the dude’s phobia of other dudes of a type. Find another gym that has patrons who are a little more secure with themselves.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: From attacked

He’s worried, afraid, scared, anxious, frightful, troubled, and much more.
Yes, I agree, let’s not make fun of him.
We’re here to help.
Again, in what city (or district) did this happen, @JustSomething ?
It could be the key to helping you resolve your predicament.

Where did it happen ?
Are you willing to say that, at least the district?
BTW I always fight back, the last time i got attacked unprovoked here I broke the guys orbital bone. I did not even think where, why , what might happen just a personal principle that if anyone lays a hand on me they will get it back…The family ended up apologizing to me as he attacked first from behind despite he ended up in intensive care. No point you going back there now but personal recording devices are a must if you do. At the very least if you go back there turn on your recording device.

1 Like

Why would the district/city be the key to resolution?

I appreciate very much the help and support I have received here. I feel a lot stronger and calmer from it.

I don’t want to hold out on relevant details, but I am also unsure how this will play out and have not yet consulted a lawyer. If this ends up getting more serious I want whatever is said to be recorded first hand with police and/or the courts.

4 Likes

We just want to hear you say Wa wa wa wanhua. It’s kind of an in joke around here.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: From attacked

Really?

I saw somebody posted about that before it was deleted. This hasn’t happened to me before.

I searched but could not find a thread with the keywords. Does it still exist?

How the police is willing to help may depend on the city/district.

2 Likes

He’s referring to this case…

…which we do not need to discuss in this thread, thank you all very much.

1 Like

I am reading through that thread as I can manage. About halfway through. Thank you for linking to it.

I am a lot calmer now and I have even been back to the gym. I want to face my fears and not be controlled by them.

I saw him there and I know he saw me but this was in the public area and nothing happened.

It has crossed my mind … A lot … As to what could happen if we met again in the locker rooms. The issue is not resolved and obviously his mental issues are not resolved.

So I have a few questions and I apologise if they seem disjointed as I am still not at 100%.

Is there such a thing as a restraining order in Taiwan?

If this happens again without cameras should I just keep trying to run or if I stand my ground could he end up accusing me if I hurt him?

Just like bringing a friend and making a loud fuss or calling the newspapers may get the gym to pay attention, is there some kind of cultural leverage I can use to verbally deescalate or disorient in the moment, which he or any people around might care more about than calling the police?

If you are not willing to stand your ground then do not go back , next time they might rape you then what? At least leave your cell phone recorder on , the voice recorder not the video.
Do you think you could take him and maybe his friend? if not then don’t go in the locker room. I have nothing left to say on this one.

4 Likes

Yeah some things it just makes sense to fear.

3 Likes

Write an review and don’t go there again.

It’s not about facing your fears here as others have said. I’m a capable fighter, but I still do my best to avoid confrontations unless I have no choice. People are crazy. Sometimes you can’t outfight crazy. Fighting on the street isn’t like organized fighting. Things can go very bad very quickly. This isn’t about fear, I don’t fear fighting with people but I don’t see value in doing it with random people unless I’m defending myself with no where to run.

6 Likes

And random people on the turf of people who clearly don’t have your best interests at heart.

6 Likes