PIC QUIZ ROUND 11 (Where is this /or What happened there?)

1 Like

Like I said, not very elegant. But the boats are, elegant boats they are.

There is a resemblance with Middle Eastern dhows, though.

No, but Iā€™m too shy to post a joke that associates an ethnic group with criminal sexual conduct.

1 Like

I think you are overthinking this a bit? Anyway, glad we finished this quiz.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

You mean like the lateen sail? Oh, waitā€¦

Thatā€™s one way of looking at it.

One of the subtypes of that type of boat is described with the Irish words for ā€œbig boat.ā€ I thought that was what you were referring to. Now, the group which would be suggested by that phrase is not, properly speaking, associated with the Middle East, and of course, the spelling is off a bit. But I figured if someone could refer to a person coming up behind another person and spitting on them as ā€œgiving a German guy some kind of fluid in Italy,ā€ then that person probably could use the term ā€œMiddle Eastā€ in a loose fashion, and wouldnā€™t quibble too much about spelling. :slight_smile:

The questions are meant to mislead you, you know

Letā€™s move onā€¦

My sentiments precisely.

Edited to add: Before we move on, what was being referred to by ā€œPath for femalesā€? I never could figure that one out, and I was trying to use it to help me locate the place (or if possible, the building).

Ah, Buttermilk Walk. But how is that a path specifically for females?

1 Like

GAL + WAY

:wink:

1 Like

Got me! If my dad were alive, heā€™d love that one. He was a punning son of a gun.

2 Likes

Son of a bitchā€¦

1 Like

Did you already know it, or did he get you, too?

Why, what, leaving clues all over the place to make it easy, and thatā€™s the thank you I get. No gratitude in this world anymore. :weary:

1 Like

Got me too.

1 Like

Iā€™m grateful this quiz is over. Feel better now? :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

Cute song. Whereā€™s the new quiz?

I need to recover from the recent insult assault first.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? We all love our Dear Leader to death. :kissing_heart:

1 Like