PIC QUIZ ROUND 11 (Where is this /or What happened there?)

First I have to find a new country.

Then ask the stupid questions.

It takes TIME!

1 Like

I figured you already had the next one locked and loaded considering how long this one took to finish.

1 Like

LEADERS AND FOLLOWERS
:us: :us: :us: :us: :us: __ __ __ __ __ DR MILKER (:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::five::nine::seven:)
:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: __ __ ENDER (:1st_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::nine::seven:)
:pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan: __ __ __ RICKROLL (:1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::three::one::two:)
:thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: :thailand: CHARLIE_JACK (:eight::three:)
:thailand: :thailand: :thailand: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ KLANGTONE (:one::two:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ HYGGE (:three::eight:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO (:nine::nine:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ FENJAJIE (:3rd_place_medal::four::six:)
:earth_africa: :earth_africa: :earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANNES (:2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::one::six::six:)
:earth_africa: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG (:one::four::eight:)
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SLAWA (:three::five:)
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX (:three::four:)

1 Like

I learned about Galway, thanks Hannes.

Here’s the location:

1 Like

Me too, the way the game is now, I learn a lot too, that’s my objective, get to know a country/city better and dig up some cool trivia on the way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, can’t believe you snuck that one in. Here is a song about a drowning tragedy when one of those boats sank on the corrib river, written by Rafteri the blind poet.

3 Likes

Have you been there?

To Galway, yea too many times to count. Used to go on family holidays there a lot when I was a kid. Last time I was there was about 15 years ago though.

1 Like

I’d never heard of that. I did a little catch-up reading on it while listening to the song:

1 Like

I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard a song about their horse races:

And I’ve read a poem about them, too:

–William Butler Yeats

2 Likes

Luke Kelly from the Dubliners is the real deal. I’m actually a contentious objector to William Butler Yeats though :laughing:, for my school leaving exam I could either study him, or five other poets. Cause there was like six poets and he had a question every year in a row for 15 years. I couldn’t take him, after I read the phrase ‘pyrne in a gyre’ in his ‘sailing to Byzantium’ I’m like, ok I’m done. So I studied five other poets, five times the work. Guess what he didn’t come up in the exam, all the people who studied yeats and no one else were snookered. Lol

Galway races usually refers to horse races. Here is one about boat races. I haven’t been to either, ha ha

2 Likes

I know Galway well too .:grin:
The only time I would have got something in a flash .
But bit confused with the Oscar Wilde reference
 he’s Dublin.

3 Likes

Maybe he had a nice holiday

1 Like

This should have been in there

And this

3 Likes

The claddagh ring.
My mum’s engagement ring, to be more precise.

Salthill? I lived for the computer games, lol

1 Like

I didn’t steal it Liam, I swear.

1 Like

My take away is Sean beag and beartly o domhnail. I met another awesome non famous Sean nos singer that I stupidly deleted from my facebook. She was the real thing, and still didn’t win in the comortas na gaeilge. But was so much better.

There is a statue of Wilde and another dude, can’t remember who right now, close to Eyre Square

2 Likes

Can’t believe you did not realize how easy that quiz was.

1 Like

Still enjoying it, no complaints, thank you Hannes.

Respectful bow

3 Likes