PIC QUIZ ROUND 11 (Where is this /or What happened there?)

He might see people offering him flowers, kissing his robe, or even carrying him through the street, as they celebrate his feast day.

elephant

Well done, @Charlie_Jack !
You can answer all the remaining questions if you know the place!

This one is still open, @Charlie_Jack :

1 Like

Thanks, but Iā€™m not sure of that one. Iā€™m also not sure about my answers to 3, 6, and 8. And I donā€™t know the location of the very first photo, the one for the first part of the quiz.

I still have lots of uncertainty. :slight_smile:

Edited to add: I donā€™t even understand the answers to 1 and 2; I just accept them.

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ll try to answer it.

1 Like

He appears to be looking at an office building that contains a dental clinic, a travel agency, a security company, and perhaps some other businesses. Or he could be looking down the street which to his left of that building.

Then again, he could be looking at a bench which is about five or six meters in front of him, but the appearance of his eyes gives the impression that heā€™s looking at something farther away than the bench.

1 Like

I am just confused, haha. Probably stuck on the wrong country.

1 Like

Been there, done that!

1 Like

For all I know, I may be stuck in the wrong country, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a slight boo-boo, but itā€™s not important. Technically, there are two small parts that belong to another country.

Anyway, I feel like yacking.

As far as I can tell, my great-great grandmotherā€™s brother was sentenced to prison in the other ā€œsmall part,ā€ because he and, I guess, 3,000 others, participated in an attempt to take a New World colony away from a European power by force. They failed at the attempt, and I think somewhat more than half of them died, either in combat, by execution, or by some other cause.

There was a riot in the United States because of the alleged treatment of some of the failed participants. The riot resulted in the destruction of some of the private property of some of the European powerā€™s nationals who were living in the U. S.

In exchange for the U. S. compensating for the damage to the European powerā€™s nationalsā€™ property, the European power pardoned the American participants, and that would, of course, include my great-great grandmotherā€™s brother. But the non-Americans still had to go to the prison in the other ā€œsmall part.ā€

Fortunately, later on, one of the Americans* helped the non-Americans escape from the prison in the other ā€œsmall part.ā€

*Or I think he was an American.

1 Like

OK, now Iā€™m really confusedā€¦

You are supposed to read the rules first ā€¦ :wink:

Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

That is correct

Me, too. So I figured, Why not just yack awhile? I know how to yack.

I also figured that, as to this game, I should make the time-and-effort part of the ratio more in line with the reward part of the ratio. Thus, in my case, there will be more relaxation and less pondering.

Pondering can be very relaxing!

1 Like

You addressed 3, 5, 6, and 7, but I also answered number 8. I donā€™t see your response to my answer to 8: