PIC QUIZ ROUND 11 (Where is this /or What happened there?)

Too much caloric output for me.

If youā€™re referring to my yack session, the upshot of the yack session is that, as to question 7, thereā€™s more than one small part that belongs to another country. Both belong to the same country, though, and anyway, it shouldnā€™t affect the answer to 7, unless you wander off into the wrong small part and goof around fruitlessly there for a while and then give up. I wandered off into the wrong small part for a while, the part that they were gonna send my great-great grandmotherā€™s brother to, to do prison time, if he hadnā€™t been pardoned.

Then I rememberedā€“or was somehow reminded ofā€“the other small part, the right one. The answer to 7 is in the other small part.

2 Likes

Okā€¦ I am in the right country, but I donā€™t understand the Victoria clue.

Q3 - Panther

I am quite certain this is correct.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused about that part myself.

Thereā€™s a third ā€˜small partā€™ between the 2. Used to be an island.

1 Like

Thanks, I learned something today. :slight_smile:

Ah, so it is the country I thought it was. Iā€™m also still having trouble with the Victoria reference.

Because I am guessing it is not THAT Victoria.

I know the area where I must search, and youā€™d think that is easy enough but nope.

I trust Hannes did not mean an icecream salon named Victoria.

The Wikipedia article on Spanish West Africa has a map that shows some stuff I didnā€™t know about till this quiz. Googling at least one of those places should lead to the name Victoria.

Now, Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s the place @hannes meant in Question 1. But at least one of those places has got a Victoria in it.

Edited to add: The instance that I found of the name Victoria is probably not much more satisfying than the ice cream parlor idea. :slight_smile: But I didnā€™t look any further.

1 Like

Dang, you are right. And it IS named after the British Victoria.

1 Like

Carefulā€¦ :hushed:

8 - guessingā€¦. Cuba

1 Like

I was just looking for the Victoria reference.

And anyway, itā€™s too late to stop me from dawdling there. I already wasted a bunch of time there yesterday.

Well, my answer to 8, RĆ©union, probably wonā€™t work, because Iā€™m pretty sure my guy never returned, even though he was invited, and I donā€™t guess the question referred to family members or whoever else might have been with him in exile.

Sorry for my absence. I felt very shitty for two days after my first AZ shot. Will check the answers now.

2 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check:

Capture

This is inside a

Church
Factory
Museum
Palace :x:
School :x:

1. We start our journey in a place named after which queen?
    @Dr_Milker
    VICTORIA PORT AT TAFARYA
  2. In the early 20th century that place was occupied by who?
    @KlangTone
    THE SPANISH / CHANGED THE NAME OF THE BUILDING TO CASA DEL MAR
  3. To the north of that location there was a crisis, also early that century, involving which animal?
    @KlangTone
    SMS PANTHER / AGADIR CRISIS
  4. Even further north the Portuguese built something cool and pretty. On the ground there is a thin layer of what?
    @Dr_Milker
    WATER / CISTERN IN EL JADIDA
  5. Somewhere else in this country a ā€œmonkā€ is looking at what?
  6. If he looks down at a certain time of the year he might see people doing what?
  7. I just learned that a small part of this country actually belongs to another country. There is a park, named after that country, with a column in the center. On top of that column is what?
    @Charlie_Jack
    A WINGED FIGURE OF A WOMAN / MELILLA
  8. Someone was sent back home to this country from which island?
    @KlangTone
    CUBA/GUANTANAMO BAY

3 questions remain unanswered

Did you take any medicine or just rest?