PIC QUIZ ROUND 4 (Where is this? What is this? Who is this? etc. (Pic Quiz: World)

Yes. There’s a pic coming from my end!

Name the city!

1. Dixon
  2. Ottawa
  3. Oviedo
  4. Cumbernauld
  5. Ontario

Oviedo

Need two more guesses for the reveal

Cumbernauld?

Ottawa

Ontario

Wait a minute, thats not a city… doh

Yeah, isn’t it a country?

Actually I just learned that there is a city called Ontario in California, so I think I can stick by my guess after all

Must have been founded by Canadian refugees. :sunglasses:

It was supposed to be Newmarket, Ontario, sorry!
I must’ve deleted the first part of the option by mistake

And even so, @geajvop got it!
The building is the Newmarket Health Centre.
Very interesting architecture!

And just as an extra piece of information, this town is the birth place of both Jim Carrey and John Candy. I wonder if they had anything to do with the building design choice…

Who is this fine Canadian gentleman?

Hello

Of the four incorrect responses below, please indicate the least incorrect one

A: Jeffrey Chappy OBE: Holder of Guinnes world record for most Hellos said per minute, knighted by King George

B: Gregory Chaffrey: Founder of that Coffee restaurant that Canukistanis like but that I personally never heard of beofre seeing it here on forumosa

C: Joseph Chapery: Founder of the most sucessful company that sells that honey syrupy stuff that comes from trees (apparently it does actually come from trees, maybe)

D: George Chaffey: A lad that skipped school alot and found an engineering book in the library and then used it to found a town in California called Ontario

Edit: E: Jeronimo Chaperonicalatio: an Artic explorer whose hot air baloon came down in the northern territories and who subsequently shot and ate a polar bear, but succummed to parasites in the bears meat.

option D

Correct

nice

He looks like one of the Presbyterian missionaries.

:no_no:

I let this go through, cause, Welcome ZAPMAN!

LEADER BOARD
:bowing: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL (:2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal: :eight::five:)
:bowing: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ZAPMAN (:one:)

Choose the correct city

1. Pretoria
  2. Knysna
  3. East London
  4. Cape Town
  5. Plettenberg bay