PIC QUIZ ROUND 8 (Where is this and/or What happened there?)

The solar furnace of Uzbekistan?

1 Like

Ahem.

I think she’s looking for something specific…

1 Like

Not really,

You know she’s going to put us through the ringer…several times at least. C’mon, man. This isn’t your first rodeo. :wink:

1 Like

Found it!
Physics Of The Sun
Changikhisarak 102226, Uzbekistan
+998 70 722 53 00

I think, that’s correct.

Physics Of The Sun

1 Like

These appear to be two different places.

If your answer was a solar furnace, it was specific enough.

correct

1 Like

I meant all of guesses from the first till the last are not correct. Does this mean the last one is correct?

Yes. It does.
But I’m not an English native speaker, so I could be wrong.

1 Like

I would interpret it as all the guesses were incorrect until this one, which is correct.

2 Likes

Ah, so the guesses like crematorium. My bad, then.

I considered both interpretations, and went with the one that made the most sense in the big picture. :grin:

I think the majority of current active players are non-native speakers of the English language, so we have we’ve got the power!!! Let’s challenge and filibuster. Ha ha ha.

1 Like

This one?

1 Like

I interpreted this as “including the current guess”, but even if it only meant “all guesses prior”, it didn’t say whether the current one was the correct one, so that one needed clarification

THE IT’S NOT ABOUT WINNING LEADERBOARD
:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ __ FENJIAJIE (:one::nine:)
:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ DR MILKER (:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::four::three::eight:)
:shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ RICKROLL (:1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::two::two::three:)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ HANNES (:2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::one::three::five:)
:turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ SLAWA (:two::four:)
:turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX (:three::six:)
:turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG (:one::one:)
:turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ZEPTO (:seven:)
:turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ TANDO (:six::nine:)

2 Likes

How about we use Tamil in this thread. It would get rid of some advantage of native English Speakers.

நல்ல யோசனை