PIC QUIZ ROUND 8 (Where is this and/or What happened there?)

If your guess follows someone else’s, you don’t need to wait.

Ego Chamber?

Close…I’m looking for the name of the whole place.

Bandaranayake College?

Cinnamon Gardens?

Nope. Looking for the name of the residence in the photo (which can be found on a plaque near the entrance).

Leslie’s House?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Apparently, Leslie was Clarke’s gay lover, and Clarke was adopted into his family.

2 Likes

Ironic that the place is right next to the Embassy of Iraq then…

1 Like

Ha, I didn’t notice that. Clarke did live in Colombo all through the civil war though, so he doesn’t seem like one to scare easily.

Hope the little ones have been well behaved in my absence… ? :yum:

Ego Chamber? wah ha ha … that name is interesting on more than one level.

THE IT’S NOT ABOUT WINNING LEADERBOARD
:deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: __ __ DR MILKER (:1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal::1st_place_medal: :1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::four::seven::four:)
:evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: __ __ __ __ RICKROLL (:1st_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::two::three::six:)
:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ FENJIAJIE (:two::zero:)
:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ HANNES (:2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal::one::four::five:)
:shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ LIAM_OG (:one::nine:)
:shamrock: :shamrock: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ CHARLIE_JACK (:three::eight:)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: __ SLAWA (:three::one:)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ TANDO (:seven::three:)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ HANSIOUX (:three::eight:)
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ HYGGE (:three:)
:turtle: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ZEPTO (:seven:)

I can’t seem to find the larger plaque/plate with the inscription “‘LESLIE’S HOUSE,’” etc., on Google Street View. All I managed to find was the smaller plate, the one containing the number 25:

I wonder if the larger plate was removed, or perhaps covered.

1 Like

I think it’s near the entrance that’s down the alley.

1 Like

picture

A crime happened at this place for which the perpetrator was later acquitted. What was the crime?

A. Assault and battery
B. Malicious wounding
C. Attempted murder
D. Animal cruelty
E. Grand larceny

Bonus point: The crime inspired the name of a band. What is the name?

@RickRoll @FenjaJie @hannes @Liam_Og @slawa @Charlie_Jack @tando @hansioux @hygge @zepto

:thinking:

Sorry, no.

no idea what larceny is, but it’s grand