Pick a name for your community radio station

Pick a name for your community radio station.

• Expat Radio Taiwan ERT
  • Online Community Radio Taiwan OCRT
  • Radio International Formosa RIF
  • Hit Radio HR
  • Community Radio Formosa CRF
  • International Communtiy Radio Formosa ICRF
  • English Radio Network Taiwan ERNT
  • American Radio Taiwan ART
  • Artist Radio Taiwan ART
  • Immigrant Radio Taiwan IRT
  • Taiwan’s English Radio Network TERN
  • Taiwan Community Radio TCR
  • Radio Taiwan RT
  • Radio Formosa RF

0 voters

I need your help. Please vote in the poll.

Forumosa American Radio Taiwan FART

If it was called forumosa.com radio it might be cool.

TERR - Taiwan English Rockin’ Radio

EROTIC

Expat Radio Offering Taiwan Information Consistantly
:bravo:

I voted for Taiwan English Radio Network.

It has everything you guys were talking about.

(ICRF sounds too much like ICRT.)

MILF - Music I Like Formosa

My vote goes to:

Taiwan User-friendly Radio Daily

–> TURD

:stuck_out_tongue:

Communities Living in Taiwan Owned Radio

CLIT-OR

How about :

Ultimate Popular Youthful Outlet Utility Radio Station ?

–> UP YOURS

:wink:

This is a serious matter at hand. Let’s give Eric W. Lier some respect. :bravo:

yeah I hate it when threads go OT

Get a grip on reality. Overseas Americans in Taiwan is about as credible as a ponzi scheme :laughing:

Do we really have to choose from those cold- and impersonal-sounding abbreviations?
If you can have radio stations called Virgin or The Wave, we should also be able to come up with a general word that’s fancy and understandable at the same time, and translatable into Chinese.
Italian- or Spanish-sounding words always give a fancy impression. Just can’t think of any fitting for a radio station right now, Onda, Voce, …

[quote=“enzo+”]Do we really have to choose from those cold- and impersonal-sounding abbreviations?
If you can have radio stations called Virgin or The Wave, we should also be able to come up with a general word that’s fancy and understandable at the same time, and translatable into Chinese.
Italian- or Spanish-sounding words always give a fancy impression. Just can’t think of any fitting for a radio station right now, Onda, Voce, …[/quote]

I agree.

My Choice: The Metropolis

[quote=“enzo+”]Do we really have to choose from those cold- and impersonal-sounding abbreviations?
Italian- or Spanish-sounding words always give a fancy impression. Just can’t think of any fitting for a radio station right now, Onda, Voce, …[/quote]

Good thought. In that vein, how about “The Green Island Radio”, or “Naruwan Radio”…

ok j/k on the second one.

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”][quote=“enzo+”]Do we really have to choose from those cold- and impersonal-sounding abbreviations?

Good thought. In that vein, how about “The Green Island Radio”, or “Naruwan Radio”…

ok j/k on the second one.[/quote]

angelfire.com/cantina/griggs

[quote]Do we really have to choose from those cold- and impersonal-sounding abbreviations?
Too bad I didn’t meet you at the boiler room meeting last Sunday? These are some of the suggestions people have made.

I don’t know if it is possible to add another choice to the poll after it has been started and people have voted.

Can I vote to keep the name ICRT? Or would that mean I was able to take it over :thumbsup:

If you could get the support of forumosa it would be good for your image.

Is something like “Forumosa Radio” in the running?

X FM, stands for whatever you want it to mean.