Picture of Taiwan 5-year multiple-entry visa to US citizens

(Edited)

Taiwan’s 5-year multiple-entry visitor’s visa for US citizens
60-day stay, can be extended twice for up to 180 days
Fee: USD$131

(for obvious reasons, all personal data/photo were cropped out)

How long do you intend visiting each time? A standard landing visa may do the trick.

If you mean like the one in China, nope. There has been talk about it, but it is still in the works.

You get to apply, let’s say, for a 3 month as a visitor, one year to 3 years as worker, etc…

[quote=“Icon”]If you mean like the one in China, nope. There has been talk about it, but it is still in the works.

You get to apply, let’s say, for a 3 month as a visitor, one year to 3 years as worker, etc…[/quote]

That’s what I thought, but I looked the TECO website and it said “1 to 3 years” ???
Or is this only applicable to Canadian citizens? (scroll to section 3)

taiwanembassy.org/CA/ct.asp? … =165&mp=77
[i][b]3. Visa Validity and Duration of Stay:

(2) Multiple entries: Valid for 1 to 3 years for a stay of 30 or 60 days. [/b][/i]

Nope, it means the period within you can use it:

[quote]) Single entry: Valid for 3 months for a stay of 14, 30 or 60 days.
(2) Multiple entries: Valid for 1 to 3 years for a stay of 30 or 60 days.
[/quote]

Meaning single entry has to be used within 3 months, and multiple entry within 1 to 3 years.

It does not mean that you can use it to come and go as you please during 1 or 3 years -like the one they give in The Other Side.

[quote=“Icon”]Nope, it means the period within you can use it:

[/quote]

Meaning single entry has to be used within 3 months, and multiple entry within 1 to 3 years.

It does not mean that you can use it to come and go as you please during 1 or 3 years -like the one they give in The Other Side.[/quote]

Apparently, there’s a double-standard when it comes to Taiwan visas issued to US citizens

Taiwan only issues 5-year multiple-entry visas(60-day, can be extended twice for up to 180
days) for US citizens who were originally from Taiwan. The fee is $130, which is the same
as the US visa fee for Taiwanese citizens.

My original tourist visa was a 5-year-multiple-entry. I’m a US citizen, but not originally from Taiwan.

My original tourist visa was a 5-year-multiple-entry. I’m a US citizen, but not originally from Taiwan.[/quote]

Same here. Plus there was no fee. This was back before the Chen days.

[quote="

while

[quote=“Icon”]Nope, it means the period within you can use it:

[/quote]

It does not mean that you can use it to come and go as you please during 1 or 3 years -like the one they give in The Other Side.[/quote]

BBZZZZZTTTT WRONG ANSWER… a Multiple entry visa can be used as many times and the holder wants to enter and leave and re-enter without applying for another visa.

so my Taiwan 5- year visitor’s visa can be used to enter Taiwan 1825 times? (or more?) :smiley:
(assuming I make enter once a day, everyday, for 5 years) :smiley:

I’m totally confused about the point of this thread. Taiwan issues 5 year multiple entry visas to US Citizens as pretty much anyone who has lived here longer than 3 months knows. So?

In the block where you put down “sex” always put “yes”

Well, the title has changed at least 3 times from initially a question to now this. Other threads by the OP have me scratching my head also, namely the passport place of birth calamity.

so my Taiwan 5- year visitor’s visa can be used to enter Taiwan 1825 times? (or more?) :smiley:
(assuming I make enter once a day, everyday, for 5 years) :smiley:

[/quote]

YES

I’m just as confused now. The TECO here has so far refused to issue 5-year multiple-entry
visas to US citizens. (the exception being Taiwan-born US citizens) I have gone to their
office three times trying to get the 5-year visa for my friend who is a native-born US citizen
(of Irish/German parents). No dice. Was this something new?

I am not a Taiwanese-American and the ATL Tecro office just gave me a 5 year visitor visa and I didn’t even request it.

So does this literally mean that once my 180 days are up I can leave Taiwan and come back in using the same Visa since it is multiple entry??? Or is this Visa only good for the 60 days plus the two extentions in the 5 year period??