Pier 5 Riverside Wharf Dadaocheng

Has anyone visited Pier 5 in Taipei? Is it a replacement for A7 Commune?

Haven’t been myself, but from people’s FB posts, the food looks underwhelming. Also, unlike A7 Commune, Pier 5 is hard to get to (no MRT station nearby), unless you’re on a bike ride along the river, in which case you’re probably not prepared to consume a lot of food.

1 Like

I’ve been by there but can’t remember where it is and their Facebook doesn’t have an address.

1 Like

It’s in Dadaocheng

I was about to ask if that’s the place in Dadaocheng. It looks alright - pizza place, I think a Thai noodle place, maybe a beer place, three or four other food trucks. Yeah, somewhat similar to A7 Commune, but smaller. I’ve only been there in the morning, so I don’t know what it’s like when it’s open. In theory it’s ideal: mix of foods and beer on the waterfront. What could be better for a summer evening? But with that location, and mainly international food, I don’t know how well it’ll do.

It’s similar but smaller and more exposed on the riverside. Kind of crap location. It’s not like it smells good there or anything around it. It was busy on the weekend daytime though!

Seems like Maji is a better substitute.

I was here sunset Tuesday end of long weekend the vibe was fantastic, everyone happy smiling and just chatting amongst strangers, something rare in Taipei.

Goes more quiet after sunset but still open.

Lots of beer and cocktail options and snacks at multiple places.

Some car parking but can be very crowded and full.

My only fault is that there is no public transportation within a couple minutes like a MRT station or decent bus stop. And maybe 10 minutes or more walking to some good public transportation. Yeah nothing is far but sometimes you just don’t want to go even a little distance. Especially in heat or rain or if you’re tired or temporarily walking challenged.

大稻埕碼頭貨櫃市集

2 Likes

I’ve been there for a couple of Friday sunsets while on bike rides. Pleasantly busy - as you say, good vibe.

Decent stop on a bike ride for slightly over-priced food. More beer options than you usually see in Taipei I guess, but I haven’t indulged in those since I’ve still got an hour or so more to get home.

2 Likes