Pimples

Ok… I have always had pimples but lately I have had something I have never had before… from my temples and across my forehead I have these tiny little pimples, and in quite a large dose. Never had pimples like this ever.

Only 3 things have changed lately in my routine

1. Changed face wash, from standard bath soap (J&J Baby Wash) to a Body Shop Tea Tree wash
  2. Started swimming again and having to wear a cheap crappy rubber bathing cap. (the pimples run a mysterious ‘edge of bathing cap line’
  3. Spent 8 full hours in the summer heat renovating the upstairs of our house…

So, any ideas on what it could be and how to solve it?

Well I’m no pimple expert… but it’s probably a result of all of those things you just mentioned.

Try not wearing the bathing cap?
And uh, go back to the other soap for like a week and see if that changes anything, but i doubt the soap is the problem.

I’ve had trouble with pimples after using that soap. Ditch it.

Hey AWOL,
Like they said. And you might want to try Clean and Clear with Deep Cleansing Action. That stuff just wipes the oil clean away; it’s so easy to get oily in the summer, and I’ve been using that for a while with excellent results. Good luck!

#1. Tea tree extraction is supposed to prevent or relieve pimples. Body Shop Tea Tree Wash is specific to oily or blemished skin. Which kind of Tea Tree Wash did you use, Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash or Tea Tree Oil Daily Foaming Facial Wash? Oil wash may clog pores more easily if it doesn’t emulsify well. Tea Tree Oil Daily Foaming Facial Wash works better than the other in terms of emulsification.

#2. Is the water in the swimming pool clean? It may be technically hard for you to check though. Wearing a rubber bathing cap definitely makes pimples worse.

#3. Heat as well as ultra-violet are two of the biggest threats to your skin.

go to any derm and ask for low dose accutane. i always end up taking 10mg/day in the summer cause thats when i break out… from the humidity and grime… all clear within a few weeks.

thx all

i use tea tree oil and mint daily foaming facial wash for my face and tea tree and lemon oil invigorating body wash for the bod. i now have pimples across the front of my shoulders… so cant be the cap… arrgghh

accutane scares me - was on it as a kid

[quote=“AWOL”]thx all

i use tea tree oil and mint daily foaming facial wash for my face and tea tree and lemon oil invigorating body wash for the bod. i now have pimples across the front of my shoulders… so can’t be the cap… arrgghh

accutane scares me - was on it as a kid[/quote]

accutane scared the hell out of me too when i was a teenager. dr’s in the west put you on massive doses resulting is awful side-effects. there are no side-effect with a low-dose. anyway, i’m not going to argue on behalf of accutane or what you should and shouldn’t do… but you can try all the creams, tea-tree hoopla you want and i guarantee by the end of it all, none of it will have made a difference. All i know from my pimple experiences here in Taiwan is that the only thing that rids me of them is going on 10mg/day of accutane for about a month. saves me time, money, and waiting for some magic “all natural” soap to work.

Skin-care products only (or mostly) prevent or relieve skin problems. If your skin has got considerable problems, medication is the best way to tackle it.

[quote=“AWOL”]Ok… I have always had pimples but lately I have had something I have never had before… from my temples and across my forehead I have these tiny little pimples, and in quite a large dose. Never had pimples like this ever.

Only 3 things have changed lately in my routine

1. Changed face wash, from standard bath soap (J&J Baby Wash) to a Body Shop Tea Tree wash
  2. Started swimming again and having to wear a cheap crappy rubber bathing cap. (the pimples run a mysterious ‘edge of bathing cap line’
  3. Spent 8 full hours in the summer heat renovating the upstairs of our house…

So, any ideas on what it could be and how to solve it?[/quote]

I’ve always had trouble whenever I’ve used Body Shop shampoos. Shit, if it means killing 100 mice, to have an non-itchy head and no pimples, so be it.

I used to have lots of fine acne until I started using SKII products-the best stuff out there!!! But the stuff is so darn expensive that I switched to DCH. I find that anything that comes out of Japan is of great quality and works well for my skin.

Now I started using DCH soap for the men and my acne came back, so probably it was the soap. I’ve switched back to the woman’s soap and beginning to see a change. Once I get the finances in order I’m back to SKII.

Using PanOxyl is great for pimples. It has 5% benzoyl peroxide which gets rid of them quickly. But use it sparingly as it is strong and can cause irratation(sp).

I also think that a regime is also worth the battle. But like Jaboney, I have had people tell me they only use water to wash and don’t have a problem either. :idunno: personal choice.

Try finding a good brand and try this for a month.

1)Find a good soap.
2)Follow by a good toner. Toners are to lift more of the dirt left behind. If you don’t want anything harsh try using Witch Hazel. You can find it , i think at Shanghai pharmacy along with the PanOxyl.
3)A nice sunblock/moisterizer.

Try not to touch your skin during the day or when you sweat because you hands are dirty and adds to the dirt already on your skin, and you pores are open due to the heat so all that gets trapped when you cool off.

If you are really inclined, then try steaming your face once a week. Wash first, then steam, and then gently with tissue remove blackheads and white heads. But you have to be very careful because you can scar your face and also make the pimple impact on itself. So steaming for a good 10 to 15 mintues opens your pores.

If you don’t want to do that, then do a mini steam with a hot hand towel. Soak the towel in the hot water for several mintues, wipe your face and let it sit until it’s cooled down. Do it until you think you’ve opened your pores and got all the grit and grime out.

Remember the water here isn’t all that great for skin also.

Best of luck

:wall:

sigh. skip ALL the crap… the expensive soaps, moisturizers… the rules on when to touch your face, which toner to use, hee haw hee haw… go to the derm. get on 10 mg of accutane, and voila… so simple.

ah, but whatever… i love clear skin and sticking to basic stuff… cetaphil… never have to worry… pop that lil pill and all is good.

You meant DHC, didn’t you?

I didn’t like DHC’s products. They didn’t have a significant effect on my skin. I tried them out of curiosity when DHC was first in store in Taiwan.

[quote=“Namahottie”]If you are really inclined, then try steaming your face once a week. Wash first, then steam, and then gently with tissue remove blackheads and white heads. But you have to be very careful because you can scar your face and also make the pimple impact on itself. So steaming for a good 10 to 15 mintues opens your pores.
If you don’t want to do that, then do a mini steam with a hot hand towel. Soak the towel in the hot water for several mintues, wipe your face and let it sit until it’s cooled down. Do it until you think you’ve opened your pores and got all the grit and grime out.[/quote]
It is a good way to get rid of acne. Just remember to use an astringent toner to minimize pores afterwards. Once they start getting bigger, it wil take much longer (or forever) to “close” them. :sunglasses:

Good to use.

Cheetah - Yea DHC