Pimples

thechu17 wrote:

Yes, and it also causes hair to grow on your palms. There are rumors that it causes blindness too but that’s just silly.

Yeah I heard about that snake blood too. You can as well just eat snake meat. I saw the difference on other peoples faces. Works wonder, too bad, I don’t eat meat…

[quote=“Mucha (Muzha) Man”]thechu17 wrote:

Yes, and it also causes hair to grow on your palms. There are rumors that it causes blindness too but that’s just silly.[/quote]No it doesn’t, look my complexion, as smooth as a baby’s. And my palms only need shaving once a week.

I have tried Proactive… Don’t like it… it didn’t help me either…
But Retin-A is very good… it works…(there’s even a Retin-A MICRO now) it costs more than Proactive tho…
But actually, even using Retin-A… If i don’t sleep at right time, eat the right food, and a lot of water…i still get bad acne on my face =_=
(If i drink or have coffee… I tend to get it too :cry: I can stop drinking but i can’t live without coffee… :cry: :cry: :cry: )

The dermatologist here gave me the same story about the tropics and how with the humidity and all, my skin was not suitable for this climate, ie go back to the great white north! Funny that he never recommended Retin A cream but did give me some stuff that burned and left red marks everywhere since my skin was so sensitive. Was this the same stuff? Will Retin A work on sensitive skin?

I will say it is the climate here combined with dirt and pollutants. I have never had such bad skin before in my life!

retin a will, if used for the very first time on a daily basis, leave red burn marks all over your skin. your skin needs time to get used to it. it’s powerful shit. every other night… for about 6 months, then especially in the summer months when it’s more humid, every night.

i think there should be some sort of warning issued to those thinking of coming here. aside from all the other crap like how much money to bring, what kind of pleated khakis to bring to impress your un-interested employer, how much deoderant to fill your suitcase with, where to find “good” hair gel, and most importantly "should i pack all my pots and pans after i make a quick trip to thailand for my fake degree - " a breif, detailed description of what to expect to happen to your flawless maybelline complexion. it happens to the most of us. there are remedies. climate, pollution, stress, food, late nights, booze, hash… your body is in for a huge shock to it’s system once coming here. it will all go away with time and a quick 100NT trip to the dermatologist.

I think the best combination is Retin-A plus an oral antibiotic for serious acne. Again, the only problem with Retin-A is that it will make your skin look very blotchy and red for a while, and it will be very sensitive to the sun. The best remedy for mild to moderate, I still think is Proactiv. I’ve known lots of people who it’s worked wonders for (myself included).

Another simple thing to consider is not touching your face with your hands. My boyfriend has good skin, but I like to squeeze his cute little cheeks (the ones on his face! :laughing: ), but if I do that to often he’ll get pimples there. So, wash your hands and face regularly, don’t touch your face unless it’s really necessary … and see if your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic (and make sure it’s for at the very least 7-10 days, unfortunately here they only like to give out 3 days at a time, which is completely useless and does more harm than good.