Piñata

As per title. Would do it ourselves but we are a bit time constrained here.

Hate to steal DB’s gig here, but are you sure?
They’re dead freakin easy to make, even for a gringo like me.
Should be able to do it of an evening.
But I guess you know better than me.

Yep, but the kid wants SpongeBob. I hate that stuff. I’d rather buy it than spend two hours coloring it myself.

Easy peasy:

Step 1: Blindfold the kid.
Step 2: Take a broomstick.
Step 3: Beat the kid until he no longer wants a SpongeBob piñata.
Step 4: Make a nicer looking piñata resembling anything else.

You are definetively way out of touch with current times, sir. Pinatas now are non-violent, no broomstick involved. They have a little compartment from where the candies are spread. The doors open when you unravel a lace knot. :no-no:

That is absurd. The whole point is the violence – a blindfolded kid swinging a dangerous implement wildly, within reach of other children. Broken piñata pieces are perfect for splinting the resulting injuries, by the way.

I know, I know, but things aren’t the same now as with our generation, you know. :grandpa:

I’m lost. Pinata isn’t a teqila-based cocktail for the ladies?

We found a place near Zhongshiao Fuxing that makes small, small pinatas. They sell US party stuff. They also sell and deliver balloons to parties.

www.shin-mei.com.tw

It is like Party World at ChangAn, except they deliver.

[quote=“Icon”]We found a place near Zhongshiao Fuxing that makes small, small pinatas. They sell US party stuff. They also sell and deliver balloons to parties.

shin-mei.com.tw

It is like Party World at ChangAn, except they deliver.[/quote]

I’d like to revive this thread, as there’s a small person’s birthday coming up. I don’t see any piñatas in that site’s current galleries. Do they make them by custom order? Or are there other places to get them around Taipei or Taichung?

Around the corner from that place -that would be ZhongshiaoFuxing and Taan, behind the Central Hospital- there is a Party World similar thing or something that sells balloons, pinatas and other party accroutements. Then there is the Party World place at Chang An, where you can also order them and they deliver. Will put links when found. :smiley: