Pink Martini Hottub - The second coming

Never said that either. Did you actually read what I wrote?[/quote]

Ok, fair enough … the exact word you used (and used several times) was “annoying” … and I don’t think what they said was “annoying” either. However, I think that particular adjective would be more suited to describe your incessant harping on this issue. If you haven’t noticed, this site and domain name actually belongs to someone … it’s not a democracy. The moderators/administrators don’t have to do anything, nor do they have to address or even ask for feedback, but they do … I think Bu Lai En made a good point that if everyone who wanted to have a separate forum for their own little group, then it would just get out of hand. Personally I don’t think the Spanish forum was necessary either. At any rate, I think the LGBT community is already represented very fairly here.

If you will once again look very carefully, you will see that my “incessant harping” is actually individual messages in response to other people’s messages. Don’t think for a second that I’m going to ignore any jabs that you make at me and actually NOT respond. Don’t be an idiot. You do it all the time.

As for fair representation… again. NOT MY POINT. :smiling_imp: Did I SAY that we were unfairly represented, or NOT represented at all? NO!!! Forums are simply a way to categorize things so they can be found more easily. Perhaps if people read my messages, the “incessant harping” would not exist.

There’s already a substantial thread on gay marriage here. Perhaps a merge? :bulb: :moo:

[quote=“Maoman”]There’s already a substantial thread on gay marriage here. Perhaps a merge? :bulb: :moo:[/quote]The posts from here have been ‘outed’ and forceably married with some hunky thread in Human Rights.
Awww… it was beautiful sniff, I got to be a bridesmaid, The bride got drunk and threw up at the reception, then afterwards everyone got off with the best man.

Now, for the rest of you, I said meaningful natter goes in other threads :x , please put them there or I will have to come over and give you all a good seeing to.

For those questions about legal age of consent…I found this… http://www.ilga.org/Information/legal_survey/Summary%20information/age_of_consent.htm

Of course, if you just stick to 21 and older you shouldn’t have problems in any country… :laughing:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]The posts from here have been ‘outed’ and forceably married with some hunky thread in Human Rights.
Awww… it was beautiful sniff, I got to be a bridesmaid, The bride got drunk and threw up at the reception, then afterwards everyone got off with the best man.[/quote]

wow. missed out on lots of fun. please inform next time you plan to engage in such naughtiness. I’m thinking a bit pink martini sky light a la batman’s bat sign?? :laughing:

This article from today’s Taipei Times:

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003079030

I was actually surprised at how low the numbers were in the survey. I agree that sexual orientation should be taught in junior high and high school sex ed classes … I think teenage homosexuals have it particularly difficult here. The one thing that I thought was a bit ridiculous was the suggestion that a certain number of seats in the legislature should be reserved for homosexuals.

Gee, that lock on the Pink Martini Salon feels like a chastity belt, doesn’t it?

I think teenage homosexuals have it particularly difficult in Iraq.

[quote=“Quirky”]
Gee, that lock on the Pink Martini Salon feels like a chastity belt, doesn’t it?
[/quote]Oh I know… the feeling of cold metal on the nether regions… :shock:
That thread was locked because it got too big and this one was opened in its place, as you well know. It’s since had bits cut out and it’s not so long anymore. I could stick these 2 back together, but that would mean cutting out the beginning of this one to make any sense, that’s where I was getting a bit of a telling off for a jocular remark that got misunderstood, and you know how much I enjoy I good telling off. :wink:

OK. I almost raised hell. Thank god I did not hit “Submit” or we’d be in the middle of a big controversy. I’ve never known a thread to get locked after only 5 pages and was alarmed.
Know that it is very touchy to pick with gay-related forums at this time because the Creative Braintrust is looking to see if they get so big that it justifies re-opening the discussion about whether gay should be integrated into all forums or given its own place like International Politics (an unwieldy and multi-headed hydra) and La Vida Loca (a culturally and, more significantly, linguisticaly specific beast) did.

I thought this case was very firmly sealed shut?!

So did I. :?

Though, I did recently ask if we could, maybe, create a gay “club,” if they won’t let us have a whole forum. I envisioned that it would be open to both gay and straight people who wanted to seriously discuss gay related issues. And/or, I thought it might be a way for someone who is exploring their sexuality or dealing with coming out issues to safely “meet” people who would/will support them. By “safely” I mean that they could post something and not have to worry (too much) about being jumped on, criticized, or excessively flamed by someone (especially a troll), since membership would be moderated. Though, as I said above, would not be exclusive to gay people.

This was not to take away from regular gay threads in the regular forums. Perhaps the request has caused them to reconsider. Though, perhaps not. :smiley:

Well, with the fall of the Taliban, apparently they have it pretty well in Afghanistan. Lots of older Pashtun men (according to a number of articles/reports I saw on Google) like to keep “boys” and shower them with gifts … and they even have to “woo” the boys … it’s the boys who do they choosing and make the decisions … kind of interesting, especially in such a strict Muslim society where homosexuality is so severely condemned … but then again, look at Turkey …

Well, with the fall of the Taliban, apparently they have it pretty well in Afghanistan. Lots of older Pashtun men (according to a number of articles/reports I saw on Google) like to keep “boys” and shower them with gifts … and they even have to “woo” the boys … it’s the boys who do they choosing and make the decisions … kind of interesting, especially in such a strict Muslim society where homosexuality is so severely condemned … but then again, look at Turkey …[/quote]

[insert emoticon of a raised eyebrow] Fascinating, Captain.

So did I. :?

Though, I did recently ask if we could, maybe, create a gay “club,” if they won’t let us have a whole forum. …[/quote]

Even the great justices of the Supreme Court of the United States of America leave a tad of leeway for unforeseen changes in the direction of the winds of society in their closing arguments and the Constitution of the United States of America may be amended should it be deemed outmoded and those amendments may be repealed as in the case of Amendment 18.
I am part and party to the Braintrust’s decision, but am open to the possibility that things could change enough to justify the decision be overturned.
I oppose the need for a secret gay male forum because homophobia has never been a problem on forumosa and I see no need to create a closet. Homosexuals do not like creating closed-door board rooms because they have been victims of them and do so only to fight against the Immoral Minority. There is a nook for the ladies, which is called Women Only, because they have had to endure sneering guy posturing in public fora and it is my understanding that have things they need to discuss in private free from male egos. Forumosa is so accepting and curious of the GLBT communities that I am sure a transsexual would be allowed to join Women Only without even a bat of the mascaraed eye.

First of all Quirky, if you read my post carefully, I never said it would be secret. I said that I wanted to be open to both gay and straight participants. And, unlike the Women’s Group/Club, which most people didn’t seem to know about until this whole “to have a gay forum or not a gay forum” thing happened.

Second, whether you think homophobia is rampant on forumosa or not, that is NOT the point. The point is that coming to terms with your sexuality, coming out to the people around you, even in a medium like this, or even just asking question about homosexuality 'cause your “curious” can be scary. To do that someplace where there is even the potential for homophobia or criticism, etc… can be very difficult. In certain situations, it is not whether YOU and observer thinks there is homophobia, but whether the poster thinks there might be. And, this type of club would might make it easier for those people.

Finally, if the “Braintrust” has made a decision on my suggestion to have a club, it would be nice if someone had informed me about it.

Ah…by “closed-door,” I assume you mean like the Braintrust and other groups on Forumosa that make decision about how gay-friendly the community is and what gay members of this community can and can not do without asking the members themselves? :unamused:

That’s what I read too - a return the old pre-Taliban days when “birds flew over Kandahar with only one wing” - the other was to protect their hoops, Pashtun men being the fervent buggers they are! :wink:

The way the communication thingie was explained to me by an articulate but alas, taciturn, ex-(gam-)bf was that they expect us to anticipate how they will feel about something. In other words, if we really tried to get to know them as well as to always think of their feelings then we should be able to effortlessly know what makes them happy or upset. Making them have to verbally communicate their feelings degrades the whole relationship because it means we don’t care or love them enough to pay attention to their needs.

To my ears of course it sounded like a lot of glorified passive aggression.

[quote=“SCL”]The way the communication thingie was explained to me by an articulate but alas, taciturn, ex-(gam-)bf was that they expect us to anticipate how they will feel about something. In other words, if we really tried to get to know them as well as to always think of their feelings then we should be able to effortlessly know what makes them happy or upset. Making them have to verbally communicate their feelings degrades the whole relationship because it means we don’t care or love them enough to pay attention to their needs.

To my ears of course it sounded like a lot of glorified passive aggression.[/quote]

Yep, especially when they don’t do the same thing for you.