Pipe Bomb Explodes on Train in Taipei

Just saw this. It wasn’t reported in the Taipei Times…

Blast injures 25 on Taiwanese passenger train, terrorism ruled out

It appears to have been a pipe bomb. “Terror attack has been ruled out by the police following its initial probe” according to article. Of course - must have been an overly enthusiastic guy belatedly celebrating 4th of July.

If detonating a pipe bomb isn’t considered terrorism, then I’m Mickey Mouse.

There’s already a thread on this:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8&t=156034

[quote=“Chris”]There’s already a thread on this:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8&t=156034[/quote]

Thank you Chris. Gets complicated here on Forumosa with “Taiwan Politics” vs “Living in Taiwan.”

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”][quote=“Chris”]There’s already a thread on this:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 8&t=156034[/quote]

Thank you Chris. Gets complicated here on Forumosa with “Taiwan Politics” vs “Living in Taiwan.”[/quote]
I just click “New”; I rarely pay attention to the forums that posts are in, unless I’m initiating a post.

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]Just saw this. It wasn’t reported in the Taipei Times…

Blast injures 25 on Taiwanese passenger train, terrorism ruled out

It appears to have been a pipe bomb. “Terror attack has been ruled out by the police following its initial probe” according to article. Of course - must have been an overly enthusiastic guy belatedly celebrating 4th of July.

If detonating a pipe bomb isn’t considered terrorism, then I’m Mickey Mouse.[/quote]

Are there any active terror groups in Taiwan?

I’m willing to bet it’s another madman, considering the spate of stabbings and child murders lately.

Interesting that the police didn’t even bother beefing up security this time AFAIK, like they do after the knife attacks.

They did. More cops now…plainclothes too.

During his trial, Lin defended his actions and requested leniency, saying he only wanted to commit suicide and did not intend to harm others.

:rolling_eyes:

Initially, the rail operator did not know Lin was the culprit and helped pay for his medical expenses — as it did for all injured passengers — which is why it filed a separate civil lawsuit against him seeking compensation, the lawyers said.

Did he study the Chewebecca Defense strategy before the trial?