Pirated Software Legalities & Ethics

Let’s say you were theoretically curious about finding websites where you can download pirated software (English language version). Let’s say, you’re interested to see if they have the latest version of Photoshop available. Where might one go? A google search doesn’t come up with anything.

Articles referring to pirated software only say the best ftp or websites are passed on by word of mouth.

Of course, I would never download from a site like that, no no never. Just curious that’s all :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve been using [waxed] lately, they’ve got a lot of stuff. As for photoshop, they have 6.0 available.

Moderator’s Note: You may PM this person directly if concerned about what I’ve censored.

I just visited the website but didn’t see photoshop under apps or misc. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance

My apologies, Tom. I frequent their mirc channel and there are more files than they show on the website right now, since they just redid their website couple days ago, not everything’s updated.

If you use mirc, go to
server: [waxed]
channel: [waxed]

And the photoshop they have available there is 7.0, not 6.0

Let me know if you have any other questions

They are still putting all the links to the files back onto the website, so maybe photoshop will show up there in few days, if you aren’t comfortable with irc.

Moderator’s Note: You may PM this person directly if concerned about what I’ve censored.

If you actually NEED Photoshop (and have the skill to use it), then you can pay for it. Take your lame warez trading somewhere else.

those link are dead or what? I click acrobat 6, and it opened a garbage code page…

what do you reckon?

ax

[quote=“ax”]those link are dead or what? I click acrobat 6, and it opened a garbage code page…

what do you reckon?

ax[/quote]
You need to download the BitTorrent software first to download from those servers.

I wouldn’t call it “trading” exactly, since we aren’t offering much in return.

Uh!
You don’t think perhaps that this whole thread is violating the rules of forumosa by promoting illegal activities?

Most Definately. Wasn’t there a thread a while ago about prostitution that caused a stink ?

Delete this thread. Sites have been shut down because of this kind of thing.

I will mention this thread to Gus and ask his advice. I don’t like to shut theads down that easily. If he thinks it should go down, I will kill it.

I recall a number of threads concerning how to remain in Taiwan while working illegally, or how to teach on a stuident visa. Are they to be shut down, too?

Soddom, Forumosa’s hosting agreement most likely forbids linking to warez sites and can result in termination of services.

I don’t recall anybody objecting to the detailed discussion of chip moding a while back. I’m inclined to leave this up unless Jeremy or Gus object.

Modding for the purposes of importing I don’t object to because they are still paid for. Modding for the purposes of piracy I do object to. Forumosa having links to piracy I object to, that is indefensable (sp?).

It doesn’t matter what ISP you use links to Pirate sites are illegal.

news.com.com/2100-1023-920557.html

Go to damn.to these guys are the most famous hackers and crackers on the planet and you will see how careful they are on their site. Yes, they have been shut down before.

Well, now that the information has been shared, feel free to do with the thread as you will. At this point, it may satisfy those who find the pirated software discussion objectionable. But the information has been shared, it’s a moot point.

Really?