Pirates of the Carribean: At the boring end

Don’t count on it. Right now, it’s at 156m which is low for a summer movie and for the franchise itself.

Harry Potter will outdo POC’s numbers its first weekend.

The whole of the Depp actor is overrated, it’s as if he is fixed in this kind of acting … the chocolate factory, Pirates and a few other movies …

It was ok. I thought the main problem was the length and the overdrama. Cut out a plot line or two, keep most of the jokes, and cut some of the drama shots of whoever’s face with the dramatic music in the background and I wouldn’t have been bored by the end of it.

:no-no: I luv LUV Depp. The only reason I would go see a Disney movie.

Watched it last night. It wasn’t bad but neither really good, proabably the weakest of the 3.

:no-no: I luv LUV Depp. The only reason I would go see a Disney movie.[/quote]

The guy is like drunk or doped all the time … slurred speech … most be something in the brain …

I was so excited to see it but unfor it was at the end of a long day. The movie was two hours too long, and the most ridonculous, dumb ass thing that could have happened in the middle of a freakin sword fight happened. Wtf? What the fuck am I watching, a freakin chick flick? All that fighting going on around you and they actually fight AROUND you so you could suck face?

Too much going on, I know they wanted to weave everything together but it all felt like too much work. (What would have made it a tad enjoyable was if I had a bucket of popcorn with real butter and could drink my soda without worrying I’d have to go to the bathroom.)

[quote=“914”]I was so excited to see it but unfor it was at the end of a long day. The movie was two hours too long, and the most ridonculous, dumb ass thing that could have happened in the middle of a freakin sword fight happened. Wtf? What the fuck am I watching, a freakin chick flick? All that fighting going on around you and they actually fight AROUND you so you could suck face? [/quote] I knew I should have left in the first half when I saw that. :noway:

The face sucking during the sword fight was really low. I thought the costumes, set dec, CGI, props, hair, make up, set construction, sound and paint alone were worth whatever I paid for it. Those departments should be considered for awards, I think.

I though the plot was a little bit cobbled together, and certainly this can not be a kids movie, can it? I thought it was a little hard to follow and I think I fell asleep during the second one. Barbosa was too nice. Sparrow was a little predictable.

All in all, I liked it fine, it was a diversion, an assault on the senses, and fun. I think they would be making a mistake to make a number 4 movie. They probably will simply because the franchise makes a lot of cash. Too bad. It was fun to see Keith Richards be a pirate.