Pissed cat

So… theoretically, if you thought your flatmate’s stupid cat might have drunk roughly 1/3 of a bottle of Corona while you popped out for a kebab, would that be a problem? And it’s looking drowsy, but that’s not unusual, how do I get it to sober up, given that said flatmate might well be into last orders, down the Boar’s Head?

Is this a problem, or should I spray the cat with air freshener and hope flatmate doesn’t notice her pride and joy’s pissed on the last of her beers? (the cat, not me)

If it’s important, the cat’s quite hefty, the size of your average beaver. He won’t drink Nescafe.

If it’s the size of an average beaver shouldn’t you be more worried about how its obesity is effecting its health?

As for downing the beer, let him sleep it off. I base this advice on having been the owner of a beagle who loved to sip wine from any available glass (ie: any he could reach) during Easter and Christmas celebrations.

My small dog once ate about 20 of my husband’s prozac. He was much calmer for a day or two. Other than that he was fine and showed no problems. I did call the vet to be sure, but the vet said it shouldn’t be a problem. If that little dog could eat 20 prozac and be fine, surely a third of a bottle of beer should be okay for a fat cat. And you really can’t blame the cat, can you. The stresses of excessive napping and ordering people about add up after a while.

I would give it something to play with, and laugh as it falls over and runs into walls.

Are you sure that you didn’t get the cat pissed because you needed a drinking buddy after week you’ve had?

Any whoo, this thread is worthless without Youtube proof. Provide please…

I really can’t be bothered to take pics, but he’s cute as a button right now. On his back, fishing for belly rubs, with his paws over his face to block out the light. Seems no less active than usual, but this is the kind of cat you have to hold a mirror in front of his nose to check he is still alive, sometimes.

why? doesn’t he like his own reflection?

[quote=“Namahottie”]Are you sure that you didn’t get the cat pissed because you needed a drinking buddy after week you’ve had?

Any whoo, this thread is worthless without Youtube proof. Provide please…[/quote]A search for “drunk cat” on youtube will show some clips of other cats. The ones I saw were just back from the vet and not fully recovered from the sedation, or have medical problems. It would be cruel of me to post links.