Pita Bread in Taichung?

Wanting to make some pita sandwiches with tzatziki sauce but don’t know where to get the bread. Looked on past posts but the links didn’t work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

B1 in Mitsukoshi. Zhong gang Lu.
Finga’s on Zhong Ming Nan Lu.
Grandma Jimmys (or something like that. Look In Compass magazine.)

I’ll save you from looking in Compass, as I’ve got their business card sitting on my desk.

It’s Uncle Jimmy’s at 298 Chung De Lu.

I’ll save you from looking in Compass, as I’ve got their business card sitting on my desk.

It’s Uncle Jimmy’s at 298 Chung De Lu.[/quote]

Grandma Jimmy’s, WHAT was I thinking?
I’ll get me coat…

Why don’t you make your own?

Here’s the recipe I use when I have a hankering for Felafels:

2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
1 1/8 cups warm water
1 1/2 tsp raw sugar
3 cups of flour ( I’ve used both organic white flour and whole wheat and they turned out fine)
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp of olive oil (to oil the bowl)
1 Taiwan-Style-Easy-Bake-Oven

In a medium-sized bowl, stir the yeast, warm water and sugar together. Let it sit for 10 min. Then stir in the flour 1 cup at a time. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until it’s smooth and elasticy (add more flour if it’s too sticky).

Transfer the dough to a large, lightly oiled bowl (use the 1 tsp of olive oil) and turn the dough until it’s covered with oil. Cover the bowl with a cloth and set it aside until doubles in size(approx. 1-1 1/2 hours).

(You can use this time to whip up some hummus or felafels).

Punch the dough down, knead out the air bubbles and divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll the dough balls (or use your hands to shape 'em) into 6-inch circles. Set the 8 6-inch circles on a lightly floured counter, cover 'em with a cloth and let 'em rise for 30 min.

Preheat the Taiwan-Style-Easy-Bake-Oven to 500 degrees F.

Place 1 or 2 pitas on a wire cake cooling rack and place that rack directly on the oven rack.

Bake for 4-5 min. or until it puffs up and the top begins to brown.
Remove the pitas from the oven and place 'em in a sealed paper bag or cover 'em with a damp cloth to keep 'em from drying out.

Let ‘em cool and then start your dippin’! Makes 8 pitas.

GOOD LUCK!

:hungry:

[/b]

Actually, I did end up looking for a recipe and was going to try them out this weekend. I’m going to have to take my girlfriend, though, to the store to get the yeast, b/c I have no clue what it’s called. Thanks for the recipe, Vegannabis.