Pizza hut sucks

The prosciutto pizza at Pizza Rock is excellent.

Pizzeria Vintage is awesome. It’s as good as Andy’s (and maybe even better than it). I highly recommend it. I like Pizza Rock, but it is in the end still a chain with many of the mass-produced and impersonal trappings that come with chains. It can’t compete with Vintage or Andy’s.

I’ve had Foster’s burgers. Sorry, not a fan. But appreciate the recommendations anyway.

The main drawback with the chains is they don’t make fresh pizza bases on-site. It’s a quality base that really makes a pizza stand out and I would always go to an independent pizzeria given the choice. Pizza Rock is a solid chain, though.

Actually, I would always go to an independent restaurant of any kind.

2 Likes

Subway has fries???

What bugs me about the Subways in Taiwan (aside from the fact there’s no competitors here like Quizno’s, Pot Belly, or even a Blimpy’s), is they’re super stingy with the toppings. They’ll only put 2 or 3 pieces of onion, pepper, jalapeño, olives, pickles etc. on your sandwich, unless you specifically tell them you want more. Never encountered that problem in the states. Also, I guess they can’t get the right ingredients, because the meatball subs suck here.

There’s a Quizno’s near Gongguan MRT station - maybe that’s the only current location? I know the one in ATT4Fun closed. Their web presence is appalling - as far as I can tell, their Facebook page doesn’t list addresses, but does link to a dead website.

But your point still stands. Sad lack of good reasonably priced sandwich options here. I suspect it’s still not something the local market can support. Lee’s Sandwiches opened a few branches and had big queues for a month or so, but now I believe they’re all gone.

EDIT: Boy, we do get repetitive here at forumosa …

2 Likes

Complaining about Pizza Hut knocking out shite pizzas is a bit like complaining about shite burgers from McDonalds. Let the buyer beware.

4 Likes

i went to the pizza hut buffet restaurant next to sun yat sen memorial hall station a few weeks back. yeah it wasn’t great. made me want to go home and eat the pizza hut buffet there, which is a thought which previously never entered my head.

1 Like

Do they have a salad bar? A good salad bar would be worth a visit.

PIZZA HUT必勝客-光復餐廳店
https://goo.gl/maps/e6Pc4p5gTSr

salad bar was not great. the salad was lettuce. others were fruit. i think there was a pasta salad and a potato salad. quite a taiwanese version of salad…

the pizza bar was like 5 pizzas. all weird flavours. there was some pasta and chicken and a brownie but that was about all of it. its worth going one time i guess, kinda interesting. probably good for kids, there was a ton of kids in there.

This Pizza Hut has a chillout mountain view if happen to be in Nangang. Salad bar is okay.

PIZZA HUT必勝客-南港餐廳店(歡樂吧)
No. 299, Section 7, Zhongxiao East Road, Nangang District
https://goo.gl/maps/TnPKhsN9UbF2

And the meat… Pfff take the chicken teriyaki or the grilled chicken for example, and compare the picture (nicely grilled meat) with the actual “meat” (white as snow)… :frowning:
I usually ask them to add more onion, jalapeno and olives

1 Like

Subway sucks. There are better sandwich places in Kaohsiung, but they’re all out of the way or they keep really crappy business hours. Maybe some of you have it better in Taipei. I just go to Subway because it’s close and convenient, but I never crave it or feel satisfied after I finish it.

I’ve done subway a few times, usually because other people wanted to go there. Sometimes I fancy a sandwich or a bocadillo, but I’m not really happy with the options. Chinese and appearance… All the filling just in the border… And nothing much inside.

It’s OK if you get the southwestern sauce

Honestly, the best thing about Subway is the cookies. And even those are just okay. They’re fine. Nothing great.

2 Likes

word… thats the biggest reason i go to subway. normal cookies are not something i see much in taiwan so i need to get my fix somewhere.

They wouldn’t cut it in the states, where I can get Mrs Fields, or go to a local bakery, but here they just pass.

haha, I wonder what a small would be? But in my office, the three girls can not finish the Pizza Hut Large Pizza. Me I prefer Costco Pizza, I would the same as in the States or Melbourne as far as Costco in KHH.

i got those (cookies and brownies both) the last couple times i went to hong kong. why can’t we have good things in taiwan?