Place your bets, -how long till the first incident?

yeap, let us all go to CKS Memorial Hall with a “This is Taiwan, not China” t-shirt…

If it happens to be a bunch of foreigners doing it, it would be much funnier - we would be all in the news worldwide, something worse than the Olympic torch…

[quote=“mr_boogie”]yeap, let us all go to CKS Memorial Hall with a “This is Taiwan, not China” t-shirt…

If it happens to be a bunch of foreigners doing it, it would be much funnier - we would be all in the news worldwide, something worse than the Olympic torch…[/quote]

I don’t like the idea of foreigners doing this to be honest, if only for the fact that it would mean the Beijing regime was better at astroturfing than us. I say we go and join the Falun Gong. They may be a bit nutty, but at least they are ethnically Chinese. Then again, we could wait for the pan Green crowd to arrange something.

Which reminds me, I met two women who were coming back from a DPP rally on the night of the election. They were cute, idealistic and spoke great English. Me being me I ended up arguing with them about politics and failed to get a phone number.

I wonder if there are any Taiwanese people here who know if the DPP is planning a rally?

[quote=“KingZog”]
Which reminds me, I met two women who were coming back from a DPP rally on the night of the election. They were cute, idealistic and spoke great English. Me being me I ended up arguing with them about politics and… [/quote]
…missed out in “make up” sex with both of them

[quote=“TNT”][quote=“KingZog”]
Which reminds me, I met two women who were coming back from a DPP rally on the night of the election. They were cute, idealistic and spoke great English. Me being me I ended up arguing with them about politics and… [/quote]
…missed out in “make up” sex with both of them[/quote]

Fuck yeah. :fume:

I’m going to be in Taipei this weekend. I’ll be watching through the windows to see if I can catch any glimpse of a controlled scripted tour bus. If not, I’ll have to keep my eyes open if I’m in Taipei 101 this year, and place my bet there.

Yeah. Try talking to one of them on Youtube and you get no where either. I had fun debating with that person who kept talking in circles. He used the American Indian excuse, the Quebec excuse, etc. Insane. But the fun esculated when the CCP decided to chop off our comments. He kept blaming Youtube for it but can’t get it through his brain that his own country’s government was telling Youtube what to do.

Well I’d say it would be suicidal. Prez Mayor clearly likes the taste of commie arse, and if if a bunch of foreigners were to embarrass him and deprive his tongue of even a milimeter of potential Zhongnanhai rectal space, he’s likley to bite back hard.

HG

I don’t think it would be a good idea to protest at CKS memorial these days. The police there are a bunch of goons who really enjoy enforcing all their silly rules. The proximity to the dictator must bring out atavistic tendencies.

[quote=“yamato”]Chinese tourists hit taiwan today. 大陸大来!!

how many days before the first incident? Y’know, a group of Chinese guys go out and get wasted and start shouting “Taiwan belongs to us!” and get their asses kicked. Or FLG protesters and Chinese tourists go head to head?

I’m betting on 2 weeks max.

Any takers?[/quote]

It’s not like these are the firsrt PRC tourists to visit Taiwan. They have been coming for years now. Just not on so called direct flights.

All the more reason to protest. If we get to the memorial we could break out the body and burn it. At which point his malign influence will disappear like in vampire movies, the police will help the crowd pull down his statue.

Hero kisses the heroine in the foreground. Steadycam shot, cut to scenes of Mao’s picture being torn down in Beijing, credits roll.

The corpse is supposedly in Ta Hsi.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]The corpse is supposedly in Ta Hsi.

HG[/quote]

I’ve seen it. It’s ALIVE!!!

I have a feeling that there just isn’t going to be any incidents with the Chinese tourists. So if you’re holding your breath hoping for an incident, don’t be too disappointed if nothing bad happens.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“yamato”]

I teach a load of middle class well educated students who are also foaming at the mouth nationalist should you mention anything about taiwan/tibet/flg/etc

the millions living in China, just like the ones abroad keep their mouths shut because they don’t want to get into a fight with the Chinese -especially in China. however I curious as to what will happen if they have to listen to those kind of things on their “home turf”, as it were.[/quote]

Are you talking about Taiwanese or Chinese students?[/quote]

Me too, I have a lot of Chinese students in Britain. They are hateful to the Japanese students, and fervently nationalistic, even when no-one instigates ‘hot’ topics. I can’t imagine how they would behave towards Taiwanese students, if there were any in the class. Also, they either don’t seem to realise how everyone views their attitudes and behaviour or they don’t care. The other students, from all over the world, stay the hell away from them.

I would disagree with the view (can’t remember who posted) that they ‘secretly hate the government’. Seems like nothing is farther from the truth.

Wow this thread really does reflect the ignorance of some of the posters here.

As Satellite TV mentioned PRC tourists, business people, entertainers have been coming to Taiwan for years now.

In fact if they weren’t part of a tour group, I doubt anyone would even noticed they were of PRC origin.

If you really think PRC and ROC individuals cannot get along. I fear one has very little experience in dealing with the Chinese or Taiwanese community in general.

If you got a bunch of people of European or African descent to protest in Taiwan over this issue, you would only fuel the suspicion that Taiwan Independence is entirely a foreign funded issue (i.e. Tibet and FLG). You would need an group of average Taiwanese, like ac_dropout, to make it an effective protest.

However, the average Taiwanese, like ac_dropout, put MYJ in office, because this is what we wanted to happen.

Yeah, but that would only work if we staged the protest in the USA.

/rimshot

How can we notice a couple of tourists in the middle of 2M?

Gosh, when I hear a Beijing accent, I don’t think: this guy is a tourist…

Oh, no, we will be there with 200x the amount of us of average Taiwanese who couldn’t give a rant to Chinese tourists…

Hell, we want Japanese tourists, they are kind, educated and know how to behave - the only problem is that we need to invest massively in infrastructure to have them… same goes to all the big spenders in the world, like US, Canada or EU citizens…

Most of the tourists Taiwan has are business people, so calling them tourists is by far the worst they can do. If this country was proud of being a touristic destination, then the 5 star hotels here would all be 3 stars… (but then again, a 5 star hotel in China is still much worse, so for the tourists it is still going up)…

Yeah, but that would only work if we staged the protest in the USA.

/rimshot[/quote]
It would be even more effect if average Taiwanese in USA and Taiwan protested in a coordinated fashion.

/rejected
/Half court alley-ooh
/two handed slam dunk, shatters the backboard

But it is not going to happen if the average Taiwanese is not interested in protesting PRC tourists.

/Check. Your ball.

Who has that suspicion? Certainly not the 70% of Taiwanese who want independence.

You put Ma in power for what: to lose face and money because the 800 tourists a day should have been 3000 and now the admin has to lie outright and say that the media exaggerated the situation? To have the stock market drop, real estate prices drop, and the economy projected to grow at it’s slowest rate in 5 years? To have Beijing categorically reject allowing Taiwan into the WHO? To freeze arms purchases thus leaving the country vulnerable to attack?

You put Ma in power for all this? Wow! I really don’t understant the average Taiwanese.

Who has that suspicion? Certainly not the 70% of Taiwanese who want independence.

You put Ma in power for what: to lose face and money because the 800 tourists a day should have been 3000 and now the admin has to lie outright and say that the media exaggerated the situation? To have the stock market drop, real estate prices drop, and the economy projected to grow at it’s slowest rate in 5 years? To have Beijing categorically reject allowing Taiwan into the WHO? To freeze arms purchases thus leaving the country vulnerable to attack?

You put Ma in power for all this? Wow! I really don’t understant the average Taiwanese.[/quote]

Acutally, It would be fun to see a bunch of gringos protesting and making an arse of themselves. Do it, ASAP. :howyoudoin: