🎡 Places to Go | Amusement Parks in Taiwan

Leo foo is fine for a day’s fun.We’ve been there 4 times with our 2 preshoolers last year and the only time they did not enjoy it was when we went during the summer vacation period when the park was jam packed.As mentioned in the previous posts, the rides were a bit worn down,the workers not quite friendly enough,but overall, I found it save enough for my then toddlers and had fun nevertheless.

Incidentally, there is a smaller park just next door named ‘Xiao Ren Guo’ (small people kingdom).If you happen to have a young ,train-crazy child in the family, then,that’s the place to go.

The Ocean Park in Hualien which opened a couple of years back is another good park to visit.It is more for younger children though.The rides are not quite as big ,the caroussal slower and there is only one short roller coaster in the park.One thing to note: avoid the sea shell spin at the far end of the park,it is very badly designed and endangers its passengers to whiplash injuries.If you have preschoolers, then make sure you stay till the closing time cos there’s usually a Character Meet near the exit.

And if you can afford it, I highly recommend staying at the Bellevista Hotel above Hualien Ocean Park. It’s gorgeous with great views of the ocean and a shuttle that takes you down to the park.

Is Leofoo close to Hsinchu train station.I wanna go there tomorrow,but Im in Taoyuan and must use public transportation.How much will a taxi or bus be from the train station.

Thanks

I need info on a Water Park called Blue Lagoon.Where is it?
Any websites.
THANKS.

Blue Lagoon is in Kaoshiung

A recent Time magazine article has included Gravity Max in Taichung’s Discovery World theme park in their list of favorite roller coasters around the world. Looks like this “tilt coaster” (the only one in the world) has put Taichung on the map along with some super coasters from the US Six Flags chain and other theme parks around the world. I love roller coasters but have never heard of this place in Taichung. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth a trip down?

[quote=“Incubus”]A recent Time magazine article has included Gravity Max in Taichung’s Discovery World theme park in their list of favorite roller coasters around the world. Looks like this “tilt coaster” (the only one in the world) has put Taichung on the map along with some super coasters from the US Six Flags chain and other theme parks around the world. I love roller coasters but have never heard of this place in Taichung. Has anyone been to it? Is it worth a trip down?[/quote]I was at the neighbouring water park Malawan and saw that roller coaster. Looks like the sort of thing people who like roller coasters would really enjoy. Not sure whether the rest of the park is up to much though.

Malawan’s nice but hugely crowded at weekends. Also I think you probably have to pay for each theme park you want to go in and can’t get a joint ticket for them both. I might be wrong.

I went to Janfusan fancy world last week end on our way to Rafting in Kaoshung County. We saw the roller coaster near the freeway and went to see how it looks like. It is actually OK. Half a day is enough time to enjoy all the attractions that would please adults. And after 3pm, they have a special discount ticket, which is nice. So go after 3pm and you’ll have enough time.

1 Like

I happen to have tickets (6 actually) for Leofoo if anyone is interested in going before the end of this year – if you’re gonna check it out you might as well save a bit of money instead of paying the full fare.

leofoo tickets 六福村門票

The place is alright but I would recommend weekdays…there are hardly any weekends when the weather isn’t cruddy anyways.

Just came back from a trip to Hualien. Stayed at the Bellevista, very luxurious, and awesome scenery. Can’t say the same for the Hualien Ocean Park. The Mermaid and Dolphin shows were cool, either than that it isn’t worth the admission price of $900NT. There isn’t a single ride there that is fun, unless you are under 10 years old. We had planned a half day trip there, but had toured the whole place in 2 hours and were bored after just 1 hour. Go there if you have kids under 10 and are in Hualien anyways. But I wouldn’t recommend wasting money and time to go to Hualien just for the Ocean Park.

What are the queues like to get on rides at these places? I went to Lotte World when I was in Seoul last month and had to wait in line for about 2 hours to get on any of the good rides. And that was on a weekday! :astonished:
Pretty ridiculous considering each ride only lasts about 2 minutes!!! You’ve gotta love rides to wait for that long.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but me and the family just went to Leo Foo amusement park over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. The service was great, which frankly surprised me. the staff were all very helpful. The rides were surprisingly good and they had a range of stuff from kiddie rides to white-knucklers. The safari train was a little underwhelming but the safari bus through the lion and tiger dens was much better. They had a lot of lions and tigers instead of a few scrawny, mangy ones like I expected.

As for the food, look around a bit. We got the first thing we saw and it was so-so. But each of the four areas has something different so look around when you get hungry.

Finally, we took the bus over and back on Sunday and it wasn’t crowded at all. Almost no wait for anything. Very nice.

Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village is a full out amusement park with rides and shows, UFO & Mayan Adventure,Gold Mine Adventure, Caribbean Splash,Aladdin Pavilion, Space Mountain, a double-decker Italian merry-go-round, Waikiki Wave, Jurassic Cruise, Pirate Boat, Monorail, the Royal Train and more.

Here is the website at nine.com.tw/en/01_info/info_01.php

What about the gondola ride to Sun Moon Lake? How is that?

I just came back from Sun Moon Lake. The gondola ride was very nice, because you get to see the lake and it is really beautiful. And you get to look down into the jungly mountain section. I liked the gondola, and it was way better than the park.
It is supposed to be an amusement park, but the rides are pretty weak. There was one that was quite scary…the Mayan Adventure. But the others are all for kids. There are lots of shows that are supposed to show off aboriginal culture, but it left me depressed in a kind of our-people-once-were-warriors kind of way. There was one where you got to see the guys’ buttocks, which was kind of nice.
Not too bad if you’re at Sun Moon Lake anyways, but not worth a special trip. Just walking around the lake and taking the gondola trip or renting a bicycle and cruising about would be way better, I think.

Edit: Eek! Did not notice that the posts were so old. Just checking out the thread because I want info on Leofoo.

There’s a 12 year old thread but some of that info might be out of date.

Are Taiwanese amusement parks crazy crowded on weekends (like Disney parks)? We are thinking of trying Lee Fun Village (near Hsinchu) while they have their Halloween theme going.

Do you mean Leo Foo Village?

1 Like

Leofoo Village is extremely crowded on weekends, especially during the Halloween period. I’ve gone twice on Halloween weekend and I only managed to do 2 rides over the span of a whole day, plus 2 sit-down meals and the zombie parade. It is a good place to feel a little Halloween spirit in Taiwan, though.

1 Like

yes, crowded or even very crowded, but if you come early in the morning it wont be that bad. the first 2 hours from opening tine are more or less manageable, it really busy around lunch time.

1 Like

Thanks (and izzy too), that’s kind of what I figured.

I’ve heard late afternoon is a good time to visit amusement parks, although maybe not around Halloween.