đŸ‘« Places to Go | Taipei Recommendations

That walk from Bao’an down through Dihua St is popular with people who have visited me. It doesn’t seem like much but really is a photographic area - really, the old shops in between the places as much as the tourist places themselves.

1 Like

Any good taiwanese restaurant recommendations?

How about Forumosa Chang or the Ba Fang Dumpling Shop?

Huashan creative park is good for a couple of hours in downtown Taipei, lots of quirky shops old buildings and a few nice cafes

Yeah but too formal and difficult for single visitors to eat there. ShinYe is the famous one. DTF is the right choice for sure, we always bring visitors there and they love it!

What area? Northern or Southern cuisine?

Try the risotto at the separate building restaurant just outside the main entrance. Place also has an amazing bar in the evenings.

1 Like

In Taipei city. Anything worth trying.

She is with her BF, so not completely solo. I’ve asked her to come for years, and she of course goes after I move 45min away from her in Italy lol.

I have a friend with with small kids coming to Taipei from abroad for a long weekend. Any more suggestions updated to 2023 on what they can see or do?

I think the above suggestions are more for adults.

The dinosaur exhibition in the Land Bank building is kind of cool for kids.

If you look for a large outdoor playground, the Sanchong riverside park has a lot of slides and stuff. Lots of fun.

2 Likes

Picking up Icon’s post about Dadaocheng. If they are not old enough to ride, you can hire bikes with a kiddy seat and parents do all the work. Pack a picnic and ride up the river.

The amusement park is good too. Get there on the open. https://english.tcap.taipei/. Best to go by taxi though, bit of a pain getting there.

I’m sure it has been said, but the Taipei zoo for little ones is a winner every time. Get there on the open, take the road train up to the top and stroll back down.

Some people may groan, but the night markets are great fun for little ones.

If it’s raining, one of the indoor play centres.

1 Like

Agreed. Just make sure you’re visiting the right place. Hannes is not referring to the riverside park on the Danshui river side, but New Taipei Metropolitan Park near MRT Sanchong station, and there’s no river on that side. It’s a well manicured park.

2 Likes
5 Likes

That’s a good article. Any post by Nick Kembel gets a like from me.

1 Like

Right, it’s the flood spill way, or however they call it.

It really is better with independent transport. be it bike, scooter, car, taxi or otherwise. all up around the north coast is beyond gorgeous. geology, flora, ocean, rivers, hotsprings and so on.

I always feel it is such a shame people.come to taiwain and just do taipei city. that is not Taiwan, not by a long shot! good restaraunts, buses and shopping exist everywhere. see something interesting and unique to the place one is in. I can see 101 being interesting for an architect. but otherwise, there are 1000x better within 1 hour of the 101. and with easy access.

1 Like

If the kids like trains, definitely consider the Railway Department Museum across from the North Gate. The Miniatures Museum near Jianguo-Nanjing Rd. is also a place that both adults and kids will enjoy.

1 Like

here is solo traveling
hope to help you!