Placido to perform in Miaoli

Miaoli of all places?? Can you believe that?

Im not too sure I even know exactly where the heck that is??

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/arts … nowned.htm

I will never forget the image of Placido Doming among the rubble during the rescue efforts after the Mexico City earthquake, offering a helping hand, a kind word. You can say what you want about his performances, sometimes good, sometime sthey could be better, but at least he puts his money where his mouth is, and contributes elbow grease, too.

As to the Miaoli officials, at least they are trying. Might not be the most sophisticated of venbues, but at least, the first effort, was quite positive: give tickets for free, allow many people more to enjoy by streaming video outside, etc.

Placido will sing on the 21st, but the ticket you buy will allow you to enter other performances on different days. I am planning to go, as soon as I can find a hotel nearby. :laughing:

Miaoli has awesome nature, but I wonder how the facilities would be and how many people they can handle. Last time I was there the main “city” was quite “quaint”, if you know what I mean.

[quote=“Icon”]I will never forget the image of Placido Doming among the rubble during the rescue efforts after the Mexico City earthquake, offering a helping hand, a kind word. You can say what you want about his performances, sometimes good, sometime sthey could be better, but at least he puts his money where his mouth is, and contributes elbow grease, too.

As to the Miaoli officials, at least they are trying. Might not be the most sophisticated of venbues, but at least, the first effort, was quite positive: give tickets for free, allow many people more to enjoy by streaming video outside, etc.

Placido will sing on the 21st, but the ticket you buy will allow you to enter other performances on different days. I am planning to go, as soon as I can find a hotel nearby. :laughing:

Miaoli has awesome nature, but I wonder how the facilities would be and how many people they can handle. Last time I was there the main “city” was quite “quaint”, if you know what I mean.[/quote]

Sounds like one of those towns where you hang your head out to spit the binlang juice and when you pull your head back in , you have passed thru ?? :laughing:

Same for Pavarotti. He had his share of critics, especially as he grew older, but his series of benefit concerts was terrific. They raised many millions of dollars for worthy causes and they were just plain fun, bringing together performers as disparate as Sting, Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton, BB King, Natalie Cole and lots of others to make music, have fun, and do good. :bravo:

I’ve got a box set of those performances and, while I admit they’re not all stellar performances, they are fun.

Last time I was there as on a hiking marathon, no real bath for like 3 days, tired, hungry, sweaty, dirty, stinky me on a slooow bus to Taipei.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Icon”]I will never forget the image of Placido Doming among the rubble during the rescue efforts after the Mexico City earthquake, offering a helping hand, a kind word. You can say what you want about his performances, sometimes good, sometime sthey could be better, but at least he puts his money where his mouth is, and contributes elbow grease, too.

Miaoli has awesome nature, but I wonder how the facilities would be and how many people they can handle. Last time I was there the main “city” was quite “quaint”, if you know what I mean.[/quote]

Sounds like one of those towns where you hang your head out to spit the binlang juice and when you pull your head back in , you have passed thru ?? :laughing:[/quote]

No-one goes to Miaoli to see Miaoli city, which is more like a small town. However Miaoli county itself is a great place…and only 2 hours from Taipei. There are many nice guesthouses in the countryside to make a weekend out of it.