Planet Editing Coming Soon

In the next month or so, I will be launching many changes to my Planet Editing website business.

The new Planet Editing will be a connectivity site between English editors, translators and writers.

The scope of the site is broad and anyone is eligible to join (keep in mind compliance with labor regulations).

I will be actively marketing the site to universities and businesses around Taiwan and the region. My initial focus will be on Taiwan. My goal will be to have the site well represented online at Taiwan’s major universities such as NTU (where we are currently listed on the Office of Research and Development website) and Academia Sinica (who plan to list the site with the launch of their new website), etc. I will also be pursuing private businesses.

How it works
Editors and translators can come online and create a profile of themselves and their experience. There are many experience fields to choose from in both academic and commercial areas. Writers and buyers of translation services can post a project and invite you through the system’s search engine to quote on a project or they can open the project to all members to tender on. The system provides for internal communication, management of projects, progress reporting, advice on how to bid for both large and smaller projects, a survey system (For Planet Editing to rate users) etc.

Anyway, I need to test the system and I am looking for people who would be willing to help. I want to see what might be missing, could be approved on etc. If you would be willing to help and receive plenty of free bids when the site launches please contact me by pm.

A screen shot of your profile as viewed by the writer or buyer of editing and translation services:

Bump for the evening crowd.

Thanks to those that sent me a pm already.

Bump for the late evening drinking crowd.

Planet editing. Is that something like terraforming?

Dunno. But fewer aardvarks could only be a good thing, surely? And more terrapins.

It’s a place of great beauty where aardvarks live harmoniously in a symbiotic relationship with terrapins as their world changes around them.

Bump for the morning crowd.

Thanks again to those who offered to help.

Sometimes editing really is aard vark.

Bump for Tuesday evening pre-drinking crowd.