Plastic Container on Dog's Head

[color=green]Moderator’s note: title of thread edited to reflect story.[/color]

Original title: “Too upset to make a comment.”

The picture on page 2 of the TT today. :cry:

Don’t know if it was intentional or an accident, but I need a cuddle now. :cry:

Page 2 of today’s (13 Oct 2005) Taipei Times, main photo: [quote]A stray dog sits helplessly with its head trapped in a plastic container in Yunlin’s Peikang Township yesterday. An increasing number of stray dogs in the region have been the victim of this type of brutal physical abuse, which prevents them from eating or drinking.[/quote]

Two points / questions:

1. I wonder if this picture made it into any of the Chinese language papers, if there was space left after the 11 shots of Lin Zhi Ling or fighting legislators, or articles about Mayday’s latest album (“real news”)?

2. I’ve said it before (although they were not my words originally): “A measure of the civilization of a nation is the way it treats its animals.” Mahatma Gandhi.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]The picture on page 2 of the TT today. :cry:

Don’t know if it was intentional or an accident, but I need a cuddle now. :cry:[/quote]
Picture of what? There was a horrible one in the Sun the other day of a 6-month dalmatian pup that had been hanged from a tree by some yobs in Yorkshire.

This it?

Urrgh!

HG

No words. Just unbelievable.

Hey Mods, could you merge this with the other thread about this story. I seems I was beaten to it by about 7 minutes!

Not to sound heartless, but is it possible this dog stuck his head in that jar to try and eat/lick something and got stuck? Our cat did something exactly the same a few months ago.

That just hurts to look at. Makes me sick. What kinda fuck does that to animals? :fume: I’d like to shove a plastic container over the head of the sick fucker whose doing that to the dogs and tie his hands up. And watch him squirm and suffer to get it off his head.

The caption indicates that this is something being done to, rather than by, the dogs:

Yunlin County is a seazy, sleazy place.

HG

Good question. I certainly hope that this photo was/is picked up by the local Chinese language press.

According to TT this type of incident has been reported several times. So doesn’t sound like it is by accident. I hope that after taking that picture, the photographer or someone actually grabbed the dog and helped it get that thing off the poor dog’s head.

The caption indicates that this is something being done to, rather than by, the dogs:

Oh, I read the caption. I just wonder if the journalist ASSUMED that was what happened in this case. Did he/she see it happen?

Don’t get me wrong, anyone that would do this, or any other sort of abuse to an animal deserves to get his dick cut off and shoved up his arse (and THEN have a plastic container shoved over his head).

I’m just wondering if in this case it was just a bit of an accident due to the dog’s actions.

I also hope to god that the journalist removed the container immediately after taking the photo.

If he/she saw it happen, it would have been a good idea to 1) take a photo of the person doing it, 2) prevent the act, and or 3) help the dog get the container off its head. I’m guessing that the journalist assumed the container was placed on the dog’s head, as nothing else was reported, and if this is happening with any degree of frequency, it most certainly is being done to the dogs.

If he/she saw it happen, it would have been a good idea to 1) take a photo of the person doing it, 2) prevent the act, and or 3) help the dog get the container off its head. I’m guessing that the journalist assumed the container was placed on the dog’s head, as nothing else was reported, and if this is happening with any degree of frequency, it most certainly is being done to the dogs.[/quote]

Right enough, if it’s happening a lot, I guess it fair enough to assume it.
Bastards. Hope they accidentally fall into a 10 foot plastic jar and can’t get out… ever.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Yunlin County is a seazy, sleazy place.

HG[/quote]

They don’t call it the Armpit of Taiwan for nothing. Knowing that place and its utterly desolate wasteland, it’s extremely likely it’s just some local kids having “fun” out of sheer, brutal boredom. Don’t they have some glue to sniff or something besides beat up on dogs? Sigh. That place must have more binlang girlie stands per capita than any other county in Taiwan. Depressing and grimy.

They’ve been wiring dog’s mouths shut for many many years now. First time I’ve seen them use containers though. Usually they just wrap some metal wire around the dogs mouth and tie it off. Leaving the dog to starve to death slowly. You’ve probably seen a stray with wire scars around it’s muzzle…I’ve seen a few.

i can t believe what i m seeing and reading right now. I m sorry to have to say this, but i wish the people doing this kind of cruelty a very painful death.