Plastic Surgery Is Stupid, Fake, and Hideous

My cousin had a breast reduction operation. She says she gets treated with more respect, now. I guess a lot of the ‘small are better’ comments bear that out.

Personally, I don’t go near hospitals unless I’m in serious pain; I could never ‘choose’ to have bits chopped off.

If I’m ugly, it affects other people more than me because they have to look at me. My vanities lie elsewhere…

I’m sure a long time ago someone said the same things about fake teeth and eyeglasses.

I can’t wait til when people are getting real bionic implants. Download a digital book from Borders into your eyeball harddrive, anyone?

sweeeeeeeet

floats
boat
whatever

Doesn’t mean I or anyone else must follow their lead. By this (alternative possible-future) time I’ll probably have gotten around to buying a Blackberry.

jd Neo-Luddite

I find those contact lenses that seem to make the iris larger rather disturbing… but that’s just a harmless fad, I guess.

I am now wondering. If a superstitious person decides to restructure his/her face, will he/she still let mole hair grow?

yikes…

JD, you aren’t really worthy if you have to buy your own Blackberry. They’re a tool, they should be given to you.

Agreed on the plastic surgery front. The only thing that gets up my nose, no pun intended, is where plastic surgeons start pushing a new line or speciality. I see labiaplasty as a clasic in this vein. Vile nasty little greedy bastards spreading the word that even the pink bits need the occasional trim. Hymen repair and circumsicion are up there also, of course.

HG

Surgery is serious. Things go wrong, sometimes horribly. If you don’t need it for reconstructive purposes because of some underlying medical condition, then in my mind you shouldn’t be having it.

Obviously there is a grey area there; but like most grey areas, it’s best not to go exploring it if you can avoid it.

The colored ones make Chinese gals hot, but usually only if the girl is relatively beautiful beforehand.

[quote]
Things go wrong, sometimes horribly. If you don’t need it for reconstructive purposes because of some underlying medical condition, then in my mind you shouldn’t be having it. [/quote]
That is GINORMOUS category these days.

I’m too fat. Suck out my fat and clip my flappy belly skin.
I’m too ugly. Unhuck my nose.
I’m shy. Get rid of these fucking pissholes in the snow set too close together eyes.

There are people out there who can make the claim that non-medical emergency surgery to change their shape in some form did positively affect their lives. How can anyone say to someone with a new nose and is quite happy with the outcome that he/she made a stupid mistake?

How rude!

My nephew,now in his early twenties put a fucking hole through his earlobe and then stretched it out like some Amazon tribesman, and this is now permanent.

Idiot, but hey, live and learn. No sweat off my sack*.

• For our local forumosans, this is an expression, taken without payment from the movie Cable Guy, which actually IS a fantastically funny movie. Critics know dick.

[quote]Quote:

Things go wrong, sometimes horribly. If you don’t need it for reconstructive purposes because of some underlying medical condition, then in my mind you shouldn’t be having it.

That is GINORMOUS category these days.
[/quote]

Not as big as some would think given the risk of surgery; then add to that the fact that medical devices have defined life spans once implanted…but hey, it your body…you screw it up as you please.

I think the biggest beef with plastic surgery is that it is usually performed superfluously. Pretty people who have self-esteem issues and think they need smaller noses, bigger lips, or huge boobs.

Sometimes vanity surgery works…

Sometimes, sadly, it doesn’t…

I like boobs. Fake is good, real is good.

I also like “The Cable Guy”.

You didn’t comment on no tits. I dated a woman who was very attractive but completely flat-chested. It didn’t bother me, but it did her. For years she had wanted implants, so she finally went out and got them. Not big, bouncy, bazoongas, but just very modest implants. I know it’s PC to slag on fake breasts, but she seemed extremely happy with the results, I believe they gave her increased confidence and, frankly, I found them not-unattractive myself. Sure, on close inspection they appeared artificially firm and round, but not freakish at all. In fact, while I saw nothing wrong with her prior appearance, her new tits kind of turned me on. Most importantly, though, she liked them and that’s really all that mattered.

[quote=“Buttercup”]My cousin had a breast reduction operation. She says she gets treated with more respect, now. I guess a lot of the ‘small are better’ comments bear that out.

Personally, I don’t go near hospitals unless I’m in serious pain; I could never ‘choose’ to have bits chopped off.

If I’m ugly, it affects other people more than me because they have to look at me. My vanities lie elsewhere…[/quote]

I had another girlfriend, long ago, with massive boobs – they were the first thing everyone, and I mean everyone, noticed upon meeting her – and she too had reduction surgery. But that wasn’t for vanity at all. It was because (a) she was sick and tired of everyone staring at her tits (she told me when talking with people she often felt like saying “hello, I’m up here”) and (b) they caused her regular back pain (she wore 2 jogging bras when jogging or playing tennis). I never saw her after the surgery – she told me by phone after we had broken up – and, to be honest, I probably would have been disappointed with the results ( :smiling_imp: ) but, again I expect she was very happy with the outcome and that’s all that matters.

So, I’ve got nothing for or against fake tits. If it makes a woman (or man) feel better to get a tit job, there’s nothing wrong with it at all, unless they’re the type of person who has 30 surgeries done, in which case they’ve obviously got a mental – not physical – problem.

On occasion I’ve seen a photo of models with, well, almost just nipples. They were very beautiful girls, and IMO they looked fine like that. I’d understand if it bothered them and they wanted to get implants. It’s not my body, after all. :idunno: But I thought they looked just fine.

Body modification — from earrings to silicon tits to pacemakers to telepathy implants — is the wave of the future. Transhumanism is beauty.

Why should anyone be forced to live with what nature gave them? And if you don’t like it, well, there’d still be someone who wouldn’t like it if you didn’t modify it. You can’t please all the people all the time.

[quote=“lurkky”]Body modification — from earrings to silicon tits to pacemakers to telepathy implants — is the wave of the future. Transhumanism is beauty.

Why should anyone be forced to live with what nature gave them? And if you don’t like it, well, there’d still be someone who wouldn’t like it if you didn’t modify it. You can’t please all the people all the time.[/quote]

I fully support everyone’s right to modify their body however they see fit. However, in most of the cases I’ve seen, cosmetic surgery makes the person less human looking, not like a better looking human (which is the intent of all but the snake people etc that Screaming Jesus mentioned). A women with small breasts goes out and gets breast implants, believing it makes her look better. Or a face lift for the same reason. But from my subjective point of view, with exceptions like HGC noted, they do not succeed. They do not become better looking. Oh sure those breasts are bigger, but the cleavage is too sharply defined, the shape is too round and protruding --doesn’t look completely human anymore. I’ve seen women, particularly when I lived in LA, who had so much plastic surgery on their faces they looked like freaks. I doubt this was the desired effect.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Geez, go tell this woman how badly it sucks.

HG[/quote]

I think she looked much better before she got the jaw extended.

Probably didn’t help her suck, either. :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=

Did she have children? I hear breastfeeding take a toll on breasts, and who wants to be 40 with 80 year old breasts?[/quote]

I agree, I’m on my third pregnancy in four years and have breastfed for three of those years. I’ll be breastfeeding for two more when this one is born.

As much as I love pregnancy and parenting I still want to look sexy for my husband and myself! I’m only 29 but it really has done a job on my breasts.