Plastic Surgery...Your Thoughts?

I didn’t come up with it: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 950#301950
There is a another thread about surgical adjustments to that somewhere.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I didn’t come up with it: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 950#301950
There is a another thread about surgical adjustments to that somewhere.[/quote]

I missed that thread. Lots of new words that are all handy to have in your pocket ready to use when needed at Chinese family gatherings you do not wish to attend the nex time.

A main type of surgery that the OP initially asked about was breast enlargement. A few thoughts:

• Rule # 1: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
  • It can be very dangerous well past the operation.

You’ve probably heard of Dow Corning, subsidiary of Dow Chemical Company. That company is in the process of settling literally thousands of claims, as a result of a class action lawsuit, filed by women with faulty breast implants ( www.dcsettlement.com ). These women experienced a full range of debilitating symptoms, many related to failure of their auto-immune systems. Some women have died from their conditions. I have personal knowledge of one of these cases. Although Dow never claimed responsibility and said that it has scientific evidence to back up its position, it filed bankruptcy over this issue. To the best of my knowledge, the cases involving Dow concerned silicone implants only. However, this is an example of what can happen when Rule # 1 is broken.

I think I’d get my toes done (the ones on my feet, perverts). They would look hotter if they were a wee bit less pudgy.

YOUR TOES?? And the ones on your feet? Where else do you have toes? Oh, right. But that would be singular.

Anyway, you have very sexy feet. No need for toe reduction surgery. If you DO decide to get them done though, please let me go with – I’d love to see the surgeon’s face when you explain your requirements. :laughing:

It’s not about wanting big tits or wanting to look like some Baywatch chick. It’s about remembering what you used to look like before having a child or three. :slight_smile:

And anything that makes you feel better and more confident is a good thing IMO. My moles looked perfectly natural but I decided to get rid of them anyway, because I didn’t like them. One day (in 15-20 years) I might get myself plastic boobs as well. :slight_smile:

:fume: :fume: :fume: This is JUST the kind of thing we DON’T need here. “I didn’t like them” so you just “got rid of them.” Nice. And you an AminalsTaiwan volunteer, too! Practice what you preach, young lady!
Just don’t tell Big Fluffy Matthew about this. Moles look like hamsters, only cuter. Although this chap looks like he could be a candidate for the type of surgery 914’s pondering.

:fume: :fume: :fume: This is JUST the kind of thing we DON’T need here. “I didn’t like them” so you just “got rid of them.” Nice. And you an AminalsTaiwan volunteer, too! Practice what you preach, young lady!
Just don’t tell Big Fluffy Matthew about this. Moles look like hamsters, only cuter. Although this chap looks like he could be a candidate for the type of surgery 914’s pondering.
[/quote]
every morning I wake up there is a fakken mole on my face, and I mean a mole not a beaver.

I prefer a good ol’ Timex over a fake Rolex. Mind me, I have never put my hands on fake boobs so it’s difficult to say for sure but the look of them is often fake too and it really isn’t appealing.

The pain alone isn’t worth it, nevermind the health risk but I guess for some girls it really changes the way they look at themselves. It changes the way they project themselves and they do get noticed more. I doubt it’s all because of their boobs but rather the change in their confidence level.

It’s too bad really.

Some girls though don’t want bigger boobs…They just want boobs period. A boobless girl is not going to be happy the way our society works and pushes on everyone of us. The world is hard place for those who aren’t born pretty.

bobepine

Eddited because it isn’t anyone’s business.

I used to think that most girls had perfectly spherical, firm breasts until I discovered that, um. Real breasts don’t look that way.

None → some is a normal thing to want, I think.

:nsfw:
img75.imageshack.us/img75/430/implants9qk.jpg
:nsfw:

But some → unaturally large is unneseccary.

I blame barbie.

An alternative method of breast enlargment…
georgeclark.com/whitely/white09-breasts.html

Also, some Asian girls have calf muscle reduction surgery. They sugically remove muscle from their calves or severe calf nerves to have…no calves. Mad. Mad.

And essentially NONE of the medical problems were related to the implants. The lawyers did a great job of destroying the company and muddying the waters to make everyone think Dow deserved to die. That plus lining their own pockets. . . .

[quote=“lupillus”]An alternative method of breast enlargment…
georgeclark.com/whitely/white09-breasts.html
[/quote]
There’s supposedly a nonsurgical breast enlargement thing now, using a vacuum pump. The equipment costs a bundle, and the woman (or, I suppose, some men) has to be very conscientious about using it consistently and properly. Does about a cup size a month, according to the news reports I saw. This was at least two years ago.

And essentially NONE of the medical problems were related to the implants. The lawyers did a great job of destroying the company and muddying the waters to make everyone think Dow deserved to die. That plus lining their own pockets. . . .[/quote]
Don’t think that’s ever been proven. I think that the doctors couldn’t prove for certain that the implants were the cause, and Dow couldn’t prove for certain that they weren’t. But in the process, Dow wasn’t able to withstand the onslaught and took measures to protect itself (bankruptcy). Had there been no reason to believe a causal link existed, the situation could have been dealt with less drastically.

You’re talking about your avatar, right? :wink:

Breathing life into this old thread to ask what everyone thinks about the current trends in plastic surgery.

I’ve been seeing a lot more stuff idealizing “v-shaped” jaws lately. Reshaping your jaw seems to be a big thing right now. But one procedure I’ve been having trouble wrapping my head around is the one where they seem to inject little pudges of fat immediately under the lower lash line. I guess it looks more youthful? I think it just looks strange…

Saw this on TV the other day. Seems to also be popular in the West.

Some sad cases on that show “Botched”.

If you’re ugly I guess you got nothing to lose. But I’ve seen some good looking people really end up looking awful.

Reconstructive surgery is something to be lauded. Cosmetic surgery a lot less.

Everyone has to earn a living, of course.

They do this in the west too? In the west I just see lots of Kardashian surgery. Fat relocation to ass and titties, lip injections, and some kind of procedure to make the eyes look more bedroomy, I think it’s eyebrow lifting? But over here I see fake racks, a stick of wax up the nose bridge, and all kinds of crazy things done to enlarge the eyes. Plus the whole jaw reconstruction thing.

Always sad when an attractive person doesn’t see how they’re attractive to begin with…