Playing US World of Warcraft on Taiwan Servers

It might help if we all played on the same server here, but that just doesn’t seem possible, so it’s unlikely there ever will be an english speaking guild in taiwan :frowning:

Are you guys still playing WOTLK on TW servers? Which server has the largest population of English players? Does Taiwan have the Refer a Friend like American and Euro Servers?

Has anyone seen a shop that sells the US WotLK anywhere?

You can download it for free.
Try here bigdownload.com/games/world- … all-client
or here uploadjockey.com/download/25 … allwow.exe
or download it via your favourite torrent site :smiley:
You don’t need to pay extra to play it here afaik, so just download, install and off you go.

I play on US servers… think I need to get a key for it. I know I can buy CD-keys online but would rather grab the box if it’s available here anywhere

[quote=“Punx”]I play on US servers… think I need to get a key for it. I know I can buy CD-keys online but would rather grab the box if it’s available here anywhere[/quote]You could try the shops on the 2nd and 3rd floor of Guanghua, I think I might have seen one there. But it would be more expensive with all the importing and stuff. It’s probably cheaper to get it directly from Blizzard. Don’t get it from one of the other online places that charge you an extra $20 to email you the key.
I got mine directly from Blizzard about a week after release. I did over the phone at about 5am on a Sunday morning.

Or you could just do the online upgrade blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000265

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Or you could just do the online upgrade blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000265[/quote]That’s what I said. Sort of.

Do you only need to buy a 150NT or 450NT and add it to your account?

Do you need buy cd-keys just like US servers?

if you guys do trips to HK, it’s pretty easy to find English version WoWs and game cards.

To play on the local servers you don’t need any serial numbers, just register an account, add some credit and you’re ready to go. It’s also “free” to play up to level 10, but you can’t use the auction house or talk to other players…

I’m having a hell of a time adding credit to my account. I’ve purchased a card. Aside from that I’m stuck.

You need to register an account on their website, but from what I understand, it’s a bit of a pain in the ass…
I always had someone else add credit for me when I was playing :smiley:

Have credit added and I’m playing! Everything is in English, but when I try to type in Chinese I only get ???

I can read everyone else’s Chinese and their names but can’t seem to type it myself.

Yeah, that’s because you need to install the Chinese fonts.
Download the following three files and install them into the WoW font directory and you’ll get Chinese characters
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part1.rar
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part2.rar
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part3.rar

I had the fonts installed fine but finally figured out my problem. To be able to use English XP and type in WoW I had to set my computers locale to Chinese instead of English.

Before doing this everything I typed came up as ???

Hope this helps anyone else.

I’m trying to play wow at a PC cafe near my place, the problem is I only have a US account. Can I modify the realmlist like in the first post but do it like this?
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set portal us

I imagine that is possible but doubt most internet cafes allow you to edit those files.

As well the entire game would be in Chinese. Quests / Dungeons etc.

Thanks for keeping these font files up for so long. I had to re-copy my folder and removed the Fonts directory by accident.

If anyone is still playing Taiwan just got patch 3.2 A lot more fun now.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Yeah, that’s because you need to install the Chinese fonts.
Download the following three files and install them into the WoW font directory and you’ll get Chinese characters
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part1.rar
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part2.rar
thelostswede.com/stuff/fonts.part3.rar[/quote]

No worries, I won’t be taking them down any time soon despite not playing the game any longer