Please describe the very worst beer you have ever had

Generally, I’ve disliked all the wierd and wonderful Sunmai stuff I’ve tried, it always has a lingering sourness, even their “regular” pilsener

I haven’t even had the courage to ever try it.

You’re in the U.S., aren’t you? See if you can find “Beer 30”. It literally tastes like formaldehyde. It would not be surprising to me if it has some in it from the brewing process, because after just one can of it I got a splitting headache.

1 Like

The ‘regular’ Taiwan Beer (not gold, which is fine), is my least favorite, in part because it tastes like swamp in a can, but also because personally I had a special kind of toilet ‘experience’ the day after a night of drinking that stuff…at work.

1 Like

Everyone know the proper way to drink that stuff is to pour it on ice. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Can’t remember the name, bit the local beer sold in Guilin was pretty awful. OTOH, Fish Hill from Yangshou just upriver was excellent.

Larry Kudlow, Trump’s Director of the National Economic Council, warns us what Biden’s Global Warming policy will mean for Americans:

“You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled Brussels sprouts and wave your American flag. Call it July 4th Green,” Kudlow argued.

Plant-based beer- the horror! As opposed to good ol’ American steak- or bacon-based beer.

Rolling Rock. Totally disgusting and the official beer of my college days.

3 Likes

Hanoi Beer - skunky smell of a heineken with a bit of piss and plastic mixed in. Saigon beer is much better.

1 Like

Hops and barley are dangerous animals that need to be eradicated in an eco-friendly manner. I for one am happy to do my part in contributing to the processing process.

Taiwan Beer’s Zero Alcohol Beer.
I spilled it out.
Now, I’m not a drinker but I enjoy beers like Taiwan Beer, Michelob or Busch on occasion.
I also enjoy some Maltz from the two companies that import it in Taiwan. Though, it’s a bit sweet.
Can their be an actually good non alcoholic beer?
Ok. One good enough to not want to make you puke?

1 Like

FIFY

The ball’n’chain bought me one of those the other day. Dunno what she was thinking. I took one sip and quietly tipped it down the sink. I felt a bit bad about that, but it was literally undrinkable.

2 Likes

I had only been a few weeks in Taiwan, and a friend and I decided to go walkabout in the city. It was baking hot, and not a convenience store to be seen anywhere. I’m like “I need an effing beer. Now.” Eventually we stumble upon a skanky “restaurant”. At this stage, I only knew three Chinese words/phrases. Ni hao, xie xie and pi jiu. We fall inside, dehydrated; on death’s door.

Me: Ni hao.
Waiter: Hao.
Me: Pi jiu?
Waiter: You.
Me: Xie xie.

Having used up my entire Chinese vocabulary, mouth parched from the effort, we sit down, and the bloke brings us a quart of Taiwan beer and glasses filled with ice. I was horrified. Beer with ice? Jumping Jesus on a crutch!
Anyway, dying of thirst, we bite the bullet and reluctantly pour the beer over the ice.

It was probably the best beer I ever had in my life.

6 Likes

Unbelievably undrinkable.
Unbelievably…

1 Like

You can buy the mugs with the freezing jelly stuff in them like ice cream maker bowls. Keep them in the freezer until it’s time to drink. Makes tiny ice crystals form in your beer.
Awesome.

I keep a couple of heavy glass tankards in the freezer - same effect - a real frosty beer :yum:

2 Likes

Okay I’ve tasted the worst not alcoholic beer, Taiwan beer.
I rather like the regular Taiwan beer.
Can you give me a suggestion of any non alcoholic beer that is less sweet than Malz that is available in Taiwan
Yes I guess I could handle beer but, there is a bit of an alcoholic problem in my close circle where I will get heck for trying to enjoy a beer in the evening and I may be unfortunately influencing some other people.
I suffered through the undrinkable Taiwan not cooked beer, there must be something I could try.

Heineken 0.0%

• perhaps rather surprisingly, given it’s family connection to the regular version which I consider crap.
    Chill it well and it’s a fairly decent zero-alcohol beer-like alternative.

I find Heineken gross in general. Really don’t like it.

2 Likes

Well She/He was think about you haha! (I do see a lot more this being sold though)