Please drive safely

Near miss on the Suhua today, section going up from Nanao. I heard the squeal of tires as he cut in, and he gave the Delica in front of me something to think about.
It seemed much closer in real-time than it looks on the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBCzFQZasu4

3 Likes

Damn! Some people don’t use their brains when driving!

1 Like

yea this is true, some of them are just disasters in waiting. theres a junction near me and when the light is green you are basically supposed to drive into oncoming traffic. its nuts.
i wouldn’t say it counts for the majority though. theres plenty of people who are just dick heads and try to beat the red light then surprise surprise they have an accident.

well this is never going to be enforced, taiwanese think this isn’t a problem or the pedestrian is the one in the wrong. even the government thinks this. so i think scrapping the right turn when people are crossing the road is a much better solution. everyone who doesn’t stop should get automatically fined.

Just normal in Taiwan

for those using the E-bikes the same way as a scooter, fair enough. but what about those using them the same way as a bicycle? this changes nothing for those people because the cause of their accidents is other drivers. another half assed law imo.

LOL.

OK, good one.

But how about to start fining the moms with kids with no helmet, the moms and dads with 300 children and the dog on the scooter, and the punks rushing with no helmet and a broken muffler?

5 Likes

FYP

I’m on the highway from Taipei to south.

Crazy drivers already flying through traffic trying to get head start on holiday. Cutting people off, dangerously close to other cars when passing, way over the speed limit and few signals when changing lanes.

These may be my last words… from a crazy highway in Taiwan.

If you are posting while driving, they’ll definitely be!
Drive safe!

2 Likes

I find back home BMW drivers drive like shit, here Mercedes drivers drive like shit.

I did see a corvette (new one) absolutely BLASTING down the highway the other day like he didn’t give two shits about anything.

2 Likes

I guess you haven’t seen enough BMW drives here…

1 Like

In Taiwan, everyone drives like shit. But Mercedes is the brand I see most often parked on the sidewalk.

2 Likes

I mean they do drive like shit but not I often see a C63 driving like he is rushing his wife to hospital to give birth.

The fine is so low for some of these guys they don’t care anyway. Shitty highway patrol.
I sure don’t like the holiday weekend traffic , also Friday evenings can be mental, people go nuts.

Jeez Louise, there was a fucking HUGE accident this morning on Xin An just north of Hoping, I passed it as they were loading people into the ambo. Looked like 2 cars and a taxi, but the taxi was fucking DESTROYED, totally caved in on the driver side, and all the windows and windshield were blown out.
An old dude, the taxi driver maybe, was strapped to a stretcher with a big neck brace on, and as I passed I saw an African guy sitting in the ambo (there’s loads of Nigerian folks in that neighborhood attending TMU).
Kind of weird, because the traffic is really congested on there that time of day, I can’t imagine anyone getting enough speed up to crash that hard.

jislaaik bru