Please give me advice on buying secondhand SUV

I want to replace my current car and I need a SUV. It doesn’t need to have many off road capabilities but it needs to have higher ground clearance. I also don’t want to pay a fortune on taxes and fuel consumption. Here are my options so far - if there are any cars that I did not think off please also tell me and if you know about any issues or problems with these cars please give me your advice!

My second car is a Escudo, I want something nicer with ABS and airbags. My budget is around 200k.

1. pajero pinin. This will be my first choice since it is a 1800cc and should have good fuel consumption and lower taxes. On the downside they are very scarce and I don’t know if parts will be a problem. Any ideas?

2. Hyundai Tucson. The diesel should give good fuel consumption but I want to know if there is a non turbo model. I had bad experiences with turbo diesels in the past.

3. Honda crv

4. Suzuki grand vitara - but the 2500cc will put it on a higher tax bracket

5. rav4, 1st generation

Thanks in advance

You might be able to get a 2nd generation CR-V with 200K, maybe a Tucson with higher mileage.

2004-2010 Tucson’s do have non-turbo Petrol engines, however they are less visible than VG turbo diesel models. Yes, the turbo parts in the older Tucsons are not very durable and many issues occur after 4-5 years of usage. However they do give better mileage than petrol versions.

[quote=“thesublimenakedfairy”]I want to replace my current car and I need a SUV. It doesn’t need to have many off road capabilities but it needs to have higher ground clearance. I also don’t want to pay a fortune on taxes and fuel consumption. Here are my options so far - if there are any cars that I did not think off please also tell me and if you know about any issues or problems with these cars please give me your advice!

My second car is a Escudo, I want something nicer with ABS and airbags. My budget is around 200k.

1. pajero pinin. This will be my first choice since it is a 1800cc and should have good fuel consumption and lower taxes. On the downside they are very scarce and I don’t know if parts will be a problem. Any ideas?

2. Hyundai Tucson. The diesel should give good fuel consumption but I want to know if there is a non turbo model. I had bad experiences with turbo diesels in the past.

3. Honda crv

4. Suzuki grand vitara - but the 2500cc will put it on a higher tax bracket

5. rav4, 1st generation

Thanks in advance[/quote]

My post right above yours is listing my 2000 Suzuki for sale. It is a bit older but nice, it is a 1995cc 4cyl., has air bags on both sides in the front. I was thinking of selling for around 60,000nt.

If you’re looking for an offroader, go with the Suzuki. If it’s for getting around, go with the Honda. Actually, just go with the CRV. The Escudo can get down and dirty. You’ll have to go first generation with your budget, so make sure it’s got a good timing belt and the valves have been periodically aligned. Take care of a Honda and it’ll last forever.