Please help me translate 兩岸藥品研發合作專案試辦計畫

I’m trying to find the official English name for 兩岸藥品研發合作專案試辦計畫 (if it exists)

I’ve searched online and the closest I can find are “Cross-straits Pharmaceutical R&D Cooperation Project Pilot Plan” (from the Taiwan News website) and “Cross-Strait Cooperation Agreement on Medicine and Public Health Affairs” (from a Dept of Health webpage). Please let me know if you have another version of the name

[quote=“Goose Egg”]I’m trying to find the official English name for 兩岸藥品研發合作專案試辦計畫 (if it exists)

I’ve searched online and the closest I can find are “Cross-straits Pharmaceutical R&D Cooperation Project Pilot Plan” (from the Taiwan News website) and “Cross-Strait Cooperation Agreement on Medicine and Public Health Affairs” (from a Dept of Health webpage). Please let me know if you have another version of the name[/quote]

The first one is an accurate literal translation although I would remove the ‘s’ from ‘Straits’ A lot of these China projects don’t bother with English names.

兩岸: cross-strait
藥品: pharmaceutical
研發: R&D
合作: cooperation
專案: project
試辦: pilot
計畫: plan

So I would say that your first translation is 100% word-for-word accurate. Although, I would probably re-order the words like this:

“Cross-Strait Cooperative Pharmaceutical R&D Pilot Project Plan.”

I’m not sure if the Mandarin meaning is that the “Plan” is for a pilot project, or that the “Pilot Plan” is for a project, but I would tend to think it means the former. Hence my re-ordering of “Project Pilot Plan” -> “Pilot Project Plan” in English. Also, since the “cooperation” is describing an aspect of the project (specifically, the R&D), I tend to think it reads better as an adjective, hence “Cooperative”, and its placement in front of “Pharmaceutical R&D”.