Please recommend a good place to go for facials

The last time anyone posted on this topic was 5 years ago…and there really wasn’t much information…
so I want to ask…
Can anyone recommend a good place to go for facials in Taipei City?

PM Lupillus to join the Women’s Forum.

Sorry, can’t help. You have to marry me if you want to touch my face. If you are in Taipei, there are loads of salons around ZhongHsiao FuXing.

Apparently the Adventist Hospital has a good service for facials. Don’t know much detail about it, but it was recommended by someone I know. But in any case there are spas all over the place in Taipei that can provide you with such services.

Spas are often a bit dodgy, though, and use yucky products. There used to be a Clarins salon in Sogo.

There are loads of places to go to for facials. My wife recommends a chain called AVEDA (at least that’s what I think it’s called). Taiwan is a fantastic place if you want this sort of thing, they’re all over the place.

Next to the catholic church in shilin on wenlin rd at corner of zhongzheng there are a bunch of ladies who give “string” facials, where they pull out hairs and whatever else i guess with two strings. there was such a stand in every mall i went to in nyc this year so i thought i’d mention it.

I think this post speaks volumes for my general usefullness :slight_smile:

thanks for your suggestions… bc facials could go really bad if you don’t go to a good one, i just wanted to go somewhere people have gone to and might recommend… but i guess i’ll go check out aveda since tomthorne mentioned it by name and see what they offer…

It’s a chain, so I guess it could be a bit hit and miss. If anyone has any recommendations in the Taipei area that would be a bit safer. We don’t live in Taipei.

The “Natural Beauty” chain has a pretty good reputation. I imagine it would be best you can speak Chinese when you go in, as they have a lot of options that you choose from.

Their site (Chinese) has a function where you can find the spa in your area.

http://www.nblife.com.tw/nbStore8.php

Their cheapest facial without any bulk-purchase discount was $980 last time I checked. My local friends and relatives named this place as the “safest” mid-price-range place to go to.

Tokyo.