Please vote for me for a design award

Hi all,

I managed to get a Special Award in the Lite-On Design Award contest. All of the Special Award winners have the chance to get the Popular Award if their idea is the most voted for by the general public. This is a much more highly-regarded award. Oh and by voting, you get the chance to win an eBook reader.

Here’s the link:
liteonaward.com/en/special_7.aspx#

Mine is “BATTLE”.

I’d really appreciate your votes. Of course if you see another entry that you’d prefer to vote for, I can’t stop you.

Clever design.

Luck. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Jaboney”]Clever design.

Luck. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Sorry, tried to vote but Liteon wanted altogether far too much of my personal information and wouldn’t allow me to submit my vote without it. Arseholes. Like I would hand out my phone number and address and company and email and whatever the hell else! :unamused:

That’s why you have burner accounts.

Can you try with minimal information? Or even just bend the truth? I know they want your contact info in case you win the eBook reader (or some other small prizes).

Can you try with minimal information? Or even just bend the truth? I know they want your contact info in case you win the eBook reader (or some other small prizes).[/quote]
Yeah, I’ll just make stuff up. Don’t really care about the e-reader. THAT’S how much I love you. Plus it’s a very cool wee thing – brakelights for a bike. Weird nobody’s thought of that before.

Didn’t work that well.

“The online submission of 2010 Lite-On Award is closed. If you have any further questions, please email to liteonaward@liteon.com, we will get back to you soon.”

Maybe the ‘guildlines’ can explain why the voting period is until 08/06, but it’s closed already. Maybe MIS are ‘sailing to the green ocean’.

Sorry… couldn’t help myself.

[quote=“elburro”]Didn’t work that well.

“The online submission of 2010 Lite-On Award is closed. If you have any further questions, please email to liteonaward@liteon.com, we will get back to you soon.”

Maybe the ‘guildlines’ can explain why the voting period is until 08/06, but it’s closed already. Maybe MIS are ‘sailing to the green ocean’.

Sorry… couldn’t help myself.[/quote]

Damn those feckin “web designers”. I can’t tell you how many problems I had trying to upload my own feckin entry. Maybe try a different browser? Maybe try again?

Seriously, I really would appreciate it if you tried again later.

Cheers all.

And thanks Sandy.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“elburro”]Didn’t work that well.

Sorry… couldn’t help myself.[/quote]

Damn those feckin “web designers”. I can’t tell you how many problems I had trying to upload my own feckin entry. Maybe try a different browser? Maybe try again?

Seriously, I really would appreciate it if you tried again later.

Cheers all.

And thanks Sandy.[/quote]
No need for thanks. Its a seriously cool design, IMO, and one that I’d buy for sure as long as it cost less than NT$11, obviously.
Although, you could always just buy that other guy’s “everlasting glowstick”, wedge it in the crack of your arse and simply rise out of the saddle when you apply the brakes. Presto! Brakelight!

Oh and just in case any of you want to put “United Kingdom” as your country, you’ll find it where Great Britain used to be, just above Grenada. More fantastic Web site management there.

Yeah, really impressive design. And most of the other stuff shouldn’t be any kind of competition for you at all. What’s that “tear it” thing, anyway? Does it really just cut out the mouse shapped plastic from the packaging? Whay in the heck whoudl anyone want to do that? But I guess he’s got a lot of friends, eh? Anyway, I voted for you, Stu! Great luck!

Thank you! I wouldn’t really like to comment on any of the other designs (well, not until the contest is over), but I’d like to think my one is at least a realistic product. But like you said, unfortunately this might come down to who has the most friends.

How come several people have voted for you since you posted this thread, yet the score remains at 14? I know mine should have put it to 15, and I suppose housecat’s should have made it 16.
I notice that the biggest vote-getter’s number is rising. Something smells at Liteon and for once, its stronger than Irishstu. :ponder:

Yeah, “tear it” had, like, 31 before. Now it has 50. Before I voted for you, you had 14 votes and you still have 14 votes now. HHHmmmmm?

yeah I’ve voted and its still 14

Great concept and nice design. Would it work on a disc brake?

I just tried to vote again. First I said I’d been to the site before and it wanted me to log in, but of course, I couldn’t. So I said I’d never been and voted for you again with made up information, and it still says 14. But the mouse plastic cutter is still gowing up!

Thanks. It could be manipulated to work on any sort of brake really. I mean it would be the same concept, just some different parts, etc. I decided just to show it as V-brakes, cos they’re the most commonly-used ones (by the general public anyway) these days.

Oh and I’ve passed on the comments about the votes not registering. What web browsers are you lot using?

Incidentally, I’ve a feeling that if there’s a problem, it’s with the English version of the site. Just my luck - I’m the only whitey in the whole contest.

Voted for you, and yeah, the count didn’t go up. Firefox 3.5.9, Ubuntu. I’m wondering if they’re filtering the votes by hand, though, and it’ll just take a while. People do like to game these things.