Plexiglass for replacing small glass pane

I broke a small glass pane about 22 x 29 cm, thickness about 5 mm.

For replacement I just want to use plexiglass (acrylic glass) to avoid the same fate and for easier replacement…

Does anyone know where they sell plexiglass and can cut it to size?

Picture framing shops often use acrylic instead of glass, or may offer a choice. You could also try your local sign maker or glazier. Try, e.g., Pretty Gallery, Taipei, Min2quan2 E. Rd. Sec. 6, #74, 1F.

Try one of the sign shops that are around everywhere.

Thanks for suggestions!

I just went to Taiyuan Road behind Taipei main station because there are so many materials shops there.

I found just what I needed… a shop that specializes in acrylic glass (they advertise it in Chinese as 壓克力 that’s ya1ke4li4) and a workshop for cutting to size, folding, etc…

The glass pane is replaced already… the fangdong will never see the difference… :smiley:

The shop is at Taiyuan Road 96-98, just a 5 minute walk from behind main station.

[quote=“Ectoplasma”]Thanks for suggestions!

I just went to Taiyuan Road behind Taipei main station because there are so many materials shops there.

I found just what I needed… a shop that specializes in acrylic glass (they advertise it in Chinese as 壓克力 that’s ya1ke4li4) and a workshop for cutting to size, folding, etc…

The glass pane is replaced already… the fangdong will never see the difference… :smiley:

The shop is at Taiyuan Road 96-98, just a 5 minute walk from behind main station.[/quote]

There are many material shop on that street if anyone is looking for materials try that place… I wish I could find a place that sells wood other than the usual concrete form plywood though, it seems like real hardwood is impossible to find here.