PLS HELP - we need your help to translate this for Forumosa

Is there anyone out there who can give us a hand translating our 2006 rate card for banners? We’re grateful for any assistance! :notworthy: :slight_smile:

Anyone? :help:

Hi Folks

I’m afraid that you may think this is a large job. We only need the following text to be translated.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

gus.

[quote]In the time it takes you to read this page, someone will have made a new post on Forumosa.com

Help support Taiwan

Hi,
For what it’s worth – the usual caveats apply, I’m not a native Chinese speaker, and ads can be tricky to write in any event, so please please get somebody good to fix this! :smiley:

在你還沒有看完這段話之前, 一個人就會在forumosa.com貼post.

[quote]Help support Taiwan

:notworthy: thank you!

OK, but let’s not self–identify as 老外

[quote]
主要以老外為服務對象的網站. [/quote]

I think Ironlady’s tranlsation is pretty damn good! :bravo: I’ll ask Dragonbabe to have a look at it to see if there are any minor points to polish – brb.

[quote=“Feiren”]OK, but let’s not self–identify as 老外

[quote]
主要以老外為服務對象的網站. [/quote][/quote]

Good point.

But do we prefer:

外國朋友
外僑
a-tok-a (just kidding)…or…?? :smiley:

外籍人士
外國人
旅台外國人
死阿兜仔 :smiling_imp:

死阿兜仔

HG

I think the "Help support " was missing in line 2

e.g.,

請支持全台灣規模最大的,主要以老外為服務對象的網站

but I’m an amateur compared to Ironlady so feel free to laugh at any mistakes I make! :laughing:

[quote=“ironlady”]Hi, For what it’s worth – the usual caveats apply, I’m not a native Chinese speaker, and ads can be tricky to write in any event, so please please get somebody good to fix this! :smiley:

Your translation is really good! Here are some suggested alternatives or improvements:
在你閱讀這段話的同時, 已經有一個人在Forumosa.com 發表文章 ( or PO文).

[quote][quote]Help support Taiwan

Cool, free Chinese lesson!! :smiley:

謝謝老師! :notworthy:

BTW, what do you think about including the “please support” part? Is this an appeal for help or the offer of an advertising opportunity, or are the two not necessarily mutually exclusive? What would the most natural wording be IN CHINESE as though this were originally written in Chinese? I was thinking of leaving out the “please support” part to make it sound more like a valuable advertising opporunity rather than “overpaid foreigners” asking for money. :wink:

[quote=“ironlady”]Cool, free Chinese lesson!! :smiley:

謝謝老師! :notworthy:[/quote]

哪裡! :sunglasses:

If it was written in Chinese originally would be almost the same as that; 請支持全台灣服務老外規模最大的網站.

請支持 doesn’t necessarily mean we’re asking for money, it just means that we need support from you, that’s all. People can 支持 us in different ways, like donating, joining us, sharing their experience or helping 菜鳥 etc…

:wink: