Plug adapter for 250V plug to 250V Socket

I have a cordless Makita impact driver set sent to be my mom from Germany as a gift (could have bought a similar one in Taiwan for much less, don’t ask…). Now I have this nice tool, but the charger for the batteries feeds on 250V and has a German plug. I bought a plug adapter and tried the normal 120V wall socket, it seemed to charge OK and I thought it just would take longer, but when I tried the battery with the tool it seems the battery wasn’t charged. Tried the charging again, now the indicator light indicates a broken battery. Did I destroy the battery already…? My flat has two 250V sockets for air condition. Would like to try it there but the socket is different and I can’t find an adapter for that.

Where can I find an adapter? Tried Te Li Wu (特 力屋), but they couldn’t help.

No idea if any damage has been done or not, I would be surprised if it had. It appears the charger is not multi voltage. Does the charger have a cable? If so the easiest hack is to cut the plug off the existing cable and replace it with a Taiwan type. Note your aircon is running on 220V and not 250V however it should be within the tolerance range. The better long term solution is just to buy a charger in Taiwan.

That charger is rather specific. Not sure if sold in Taiwan. Also I want to
avoid spending on a received gift, that was already too expensive to begin
with. Yeah, thought about manipulating the charger plug, but wanted to see
first if there is an adapter. Where can I get a 220V plug for air cons?

Just go to any hardware store or DIY store, travel gear … they have all kinds of adapters for different countries.

Yeah, but not the one I need. I need to plug into the air con socket (three holes in, one half round, the other two straight and arranged to form a T). I’ll look for a store that sells cables and plugs and ask for an air-con plug.

Didn’t know they existed but apparently they do! You can try one of these; http://www.pcstore.com.tw/6c/M03965523.htm

https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/220V-3PIN%E8%BD%89%E6%8E%A5%E5%99%A8-T%E5%9E%8B%E8%BD%89%E6%8F%9B%E6%8F%92%E9%A0%AD-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC-%E7%BE%8E%E5%9C%8B-%E5%8A%A0%E6%8B%BF%E5%A4%A7-%E8%90%AC%E7%94%A8%E8%BD%89-100033796091

Yes, going to do that, but not going to buy such a cheap item online.

Got the plug at a shop of Guanghua Market. Needed to ask, cause plug was stored behind the counter. Problem solved, great feeling. :slight_smile: