Plums

Just enjoying some delicious california plums, one’s sticker read “pluet,” had speckled skin somewhat reminiscent of a passion fruit, light mild flesh, somewhat nectariney, nice. The winners though are the small “green plums,” with yellow, intensely sweet and tart flesh, fantastic

I thought this was going to be about testicles. Whew!

wrong forum from my viewpoint :slight_smile: sorry to disappoint :slight_smile:

Gaaaah! You’re lucky! I got some of those same speckly ones the other week and they were fucking awful – pure cottonwool inside and no juice.

[quote=“sandman”]
Gaaaah! You’re lucky! I got some of those same speckly ones the other week and they were fucking awful – pure cottonwool inside and no juice.[/quote]

Maybe a bit riper now? The flesh on these had a pleasing, almost flaky texture.

They’re Plout’s, a recent “invention” by a Yank and they’re supposedly 3/4 plum and 1/4 apricot…
How does it feel to eat GM food? :smiling_imp:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluot
I bought some a while back and they were quite nice, but I got some yellow/greenish plums last weekend that were even better.
They sell Plout’s by the box load in Costco, if they still have them that is and I saw fresh Prunes last time, but they were something like NT$549 a pack so I gave those a miss in favour for some really sweet nectarines.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]
How does it feel to eat GM food? :smiling_imp:
.[/quote]

It’s just a hybrid, can the drama please :slight_smile:

I was just trying to be funny… but it’s still genetically modified food, just like most things we eat, as man has taken one breed and cross pollinated it with another and it’s been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years, it’s just not the “bad” stuff they’re doing these days with jellyfish and pigs or whatever it was that they did here to make those glow in the dark pigs. Saying that, there are some silly protests about GM food, especially when it can help reduce world hunger. I was watching some TV show about some guy that came up with this new breed of wheat that could grow on virtually any soil and he wasn’t allowed to distribute it to starving nations as it was “bad” GM food.
Seems like Zaiger has a few verities of fruit - davewilson.com/z_file/zaiger_varieties.html
Did anyone bother buying those UFO Peaches without a seed? They don’t look tasty at all to me, although the white peaches and nectarines are really good.