Pokemon Go gameplay

Newest update added an appraisal system, where your team leader tells you something about your pokemon. It’s a roundabout way to tell you something about a pokemon’s health, attack or defense capabilities. It is Niantic’s attempt to give you a hint of a pokemon’s IV value, but it absolutely sucks. Instead of just listing the numbers, the team leader says dumb things like Its Attack is its strongest feature and it’s almost useless.

Friends in HK got the update yesterday and was telling how useless it is.

I also see we are still seeing grass next to the Pokemon that are nearby. I thought this update would show a bubble pic of where the Pokemon would be if they were close by.

At least the update isn’t a downgrade.

Meh ranges of 20% is good enough for casuals though

Decrypt what your team leader is saying:

During appraisal, your team leader will say 4 things.

Greeting > IV strength > Atk/Def/HP strength > size.

The first and last sentence your team leader says are useless. However, once you figured out exactly what his comments on IV and ADH mean, it’s a good step forward.

[color=blue]Team Mystic[/color]

IV appraisal
IV80~100% Overall, your XXX is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokemon!
IV67~79% Overall, your XXX has certainly caught my attention.
IV51~66% Overall, your XXX is above average.
IV0~50% Overall, your XXX is not likely to make much headway in battle.

Atk/Def/HP appraisal
15 Its stats exceed my calculations. It’s incredible!
13-14 I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say.
8-12 Its stats are noticeably trending to the positive.
0~7 Its stats are not out of the norm, in my opinion.

[color=red]Team Valor[/color]

IV appraisal
IV80~100% Overall, your XXX simply amazes me. It can accomplish anything!
IV67~79% Overall, your XXX is a strong Pokemon. You should be proud!
IV51~66% Overall, your XXX is a decent Pokemon.
IV0~50% Overall, your XXX may not be great in battle, but I still like it!

Atk/Def/HP appraisal
15 I’m blown away by its stats. WOW!
13-14 It’s got excellent stats! How exciting!
8-12 Its stats indicate that in battle, it’ll get the job done.
0~7 Its stats don’t point to greatness in battle.

[color=yellow]Team Instinct[/color]
IV appraisal
IV80~100% Overall, your XXX looks like it can really battle with the best of them!
IV67~79% Overall, your XXX is really strong!
IV51~66% Overall, your XXX is pretty decent!
IV0~50% Overall, your XXX has room for improvement as far as battling goes.

Atk/Def/HP appraisal
15 Its stats are the best I’ve ever seen! No doubt about it!
13-14 Its stats are really strong! Impressive.
8-12 It’s definitely got some good stats. Definitely!
0~7 Its stats are all right, but kinda basic, as far as I can see.

3 Likes

Awesome share @hansioux

I’ve yet to play today, but will write these down with glow in the dark ink on my hand when I go out after work tonight.

For those who haven’t played the game, please explain: so there are hundreds or thousands of people seeking this rare Pokemon in the park. It appears. Just how many people can get the Pokemon? All of them? Or can only one person, or only a few people, get it? And are those few people then at risk of serious physical harm?

When a Pokemon appears, everyone with in 200 meters should see it on their trackers. To actually see it on map, and have it be catchable, You pretty much have to be right on top of it. I’d say with in 5 to 10 meters.

Everyone will have a chance of catching a Pokemon when it spawns, but after 15 minutes, the window closes and the Pokemon is gone.

Rare Pokemons are especially hard to find, and they don’t show up repeatedly at a spot. The algorithm might be spawning them at popular destinations at a higher frequency, but one would be lucky to spot one per day at one ofbthe hot zones.

People are stampeding because of the 15 minute limit, the fact you need to be right over the spot, and the fact that a rare Pokemon is really extremely rare. I have been playing since the game went live in Taiwan and I have yet to see a Snorlax in the wild, or a Lapras, or a Dragonite, or a Charzard, even after using those so called Poke Radars…

Hilarious. My daughter caught a Dragonite in our home. She doesn’t play bother playing Pokemon outside.

Went to the north of Taiwan and caught some rare pokemon never seen in Taipei. Also, evie is abundant near the mountains as well as magnemite. Lots of fire and psychic pokemon near the ocean !!! This is a good reason to see Taiwan if you have not already.

101 has a crap load of eevees. I saw a sighting of a snorlax near Shinkong a9/a11 tonight. That place was a zoo.

At what CP do you guys start using the great ball?

My rule is if it’s something I don’t have yet, or something I need to evolve, I’d bust out berry and great ball just in case, especially if the targeting circle turns orange or red. If it starts showing ??? instead of CP, and it’s something I really want, it’s time for ultra ball.

1 Like

I great ball anything cause i dont have any pokeballs

I had a Snorlax on my sitings last night, and actually had a Dragonite on screen today… both eluded me. The Snorlax never popped up, and the Dragonite escaped after berries and Ultra-ball curveball hitting it square on the head.

More bummed out about the Snorlax… I just need a Snorlax…

You will have other chances my friend.

He will pop up when you least expect it.

Find any gyms that are in the middle of nowhere or on a lonely side street? Beginning to think taking gyms is near impossible since while I sit in the office all day, others play…all day.

In my experiences it isn’t hard to take down a gym with less than 4 gym leaders, it’s just hard to hold one.

I don’t have any pokemon with CP over 1500, but know your opponent’s type gives challengers an advantage. Also, you can try to take down a gym with friends.

You can also wait for a gym with less than 2000 prestige to fall and try to sneak you pokemon in as soon as it turns gray.

Just remember to collect the gold coin from the shop immediately. I have never held a gym for longer than 30 minutes, even if the gym is in the middle of nowhere and I just happened to drove past it at night.

Funny story. I went Team Valor without consulting friends or gf first, so taking a gym with friends is going to be tough. I hear you can submit a request to change to Niantic if you’re an early level, but I’m already 21 going on 22.

I’ve taken a gym for a good 20 seconds. I was out of Pokeballs and decided, let’s give a gym a try. I walked on over with my 1000ish CP Pokemon and voila, gym leader after 5-10 minutes. I have a screenshot of my 20 seconds of fame.

I particularly do not like how if you do want to continue to battle and your Pokemon are low on health, the system auto swaps in the next available Pokemon with full health (from however your list is sorted). Since I do not have that many high CP Pokemon, I unknowingly went into battle with a 600CP Staryu after my 1000CP Magmar :cry:

yeah, the current system has a lot to be desired.

I saw a concept art of how it should be, and it’s pretty amazing:

I really like it!
Especially the suggestions of extra features, such as PvP and trading.
I hope Niantics get inspired by it and implements them.

Argh, will need to check this on mobile during lunch or when I get home. POS work computer isn’t loading the pictures.

my first snorlax. he created a mini stamped. I had two Japanese guys at least in their early forties running just in front of me.

after catching this one some people said there’s another Snorlax across a busy street. that’s when things got a little dangerous as a horde of people Jay walked across the road without paying attention to the lights. By the time I crossed the road from the cross walk, the two Japanese guys were already there. I heard one say zannen, guess a snorlax ran away from one of them.